Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... that aren't the Mag Mile? I grew up in the suburbs of the city, but my parents hated traffic so we hardly ever went. Once I got old enough to take the train in we always stuck to the Mag Mile. I'm just done with that, but I would really like to take a trip somewhere in Chicago when I go visit my parents next week. Any suggestions? I'll be there during the day so so bars, nightclubs, etc.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm a big fan of renting a bike and riding up and down the lake front path.<br><br>
What do you like? Wine, beer, a kind of food, a type of art? The Contemporary Art Museum is pretty awesome. I like the Frank Lloyd Wright stuff in Oak Park, and it's a bit of a drive but the Botanic Garden is pretty awesome. I'm a beer nut and my favorite bar is the Hopleaf, though it's pretty far from the loop.

·
Premium Member
8,322 Posts
We take the Metra in. My kids (aged 4 and 8) love taking the train and to save on walking we take the bus around the area as well.<br><br>
We went last weekend to celebrate my dd1's bday. We rode in on train, ate pizza at an inexpensive place Pizanos near State/MAdison. We walked over to Millieum park. There is plenty to do over there even if its just people watching. My kids LOVE the face fountain to play in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts