Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
your embryo or fetus?
Do you have a nickname for your baby-to-be?
If you've had other children or pregnancies, what did you call them in utero?

My son was "Maki" while he was inside of me, and for a while after he was born. I craved sushi throughout my pregnancy with him, so it seemed fitting.

This time, DS has decided to name it "Rock Star" or sometimes "Macoroni Rock Star." DH calls it "Little One." I don't have my own name yet, other than "Baby."

What about you?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
My little pumpkin
also our baby, little squirt, cutie pie, little one. But mostly I have a little pumpkin in my tummy

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
We really don't have a name yet for this one. Last pg my sil called it my bump and for this pregnancy it's bumpy!

Oh, last pregnancy (when dh would jokingly question his paternity) I would tell him that it was his "evil spawn"!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Another bean here. I am pretty sure it comes from all those pregnancy calendars comparing the early pregnancy babe to grains and legumes.
I mean, first it's rice, then it's a lentil, then it's a garbonzo bean, then it's a kidney bean. Why do they use food to compare the size? I think from here on out it's fruit though, so we might have to change the name to kumquat or something.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
This one is belly bean
ds#2 was nugget.... can't remember what dd and ds#1 was, I'll have to look it up in their baby books
:

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
The baby. Overwhelming originality... lol.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
this is my third pregnancy, but will hopefully bring our first baby.

the last one we called dumpling (a little pot sticker reference, since dh is chinese), and this one we're calling ember. hoping the flame will catch and grow and grow and grow!

·
Registered
16,500 Posts
Bean, baby. Nothing interesting yet.

My psuedosister has a raspberry (although now they "know" it's a boy, they're kinda objecting to that one. I still use it, though. subvert the dominent gender paradigm!
), and my SIL had a petunia - which actually has stuck, as it's marginally better than her given name.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Oh god. This is SO embarassing
that I kind of don't want to post it, but here it goes... (keep in mind we're a little weird)

After we inseminated and were in the tww, dw kept calling the maybe-blastocyst "Bob". It was somehow related to some dumb high school inside joke of hers. It really annoyed me, so I finally told her to shut up and find some other name because just thinking of the maybe-baby as "Bob" was annoying the hell out of me for some reason.

So she suggested we call the maybe-blastocyst "Bamf." Everyone at the party we were at laughed. I was like "um...what?" I guess "Bamf" is a shortened reference for something I'm not going to write here because it's a bad phrase to write, but click *here* if you want to know. Dw and I both love the movie Pulp Fiction, and it's what's written on Samuel L. Jackson's wallet so I guess that's where she got the idea.

Anyways, I was kind of apalled and was like "um NO, we're not calling it "Bamf!" Unfortunately, most of our close friends at this party thought it was really funny, and now everyone calls it "Bamf." It just stuck. Even I call it Bamf but I don't think of what it means. It's so dumb, and I don't know how the hell we're going to explain this to the kid someday. I did tell dw not to tell anyone else what it really means and just say it's a word we made up.

Like I said, we're weird.
:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Speck for this one. I can't remember what it was for DD.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
DS was the alien while in utero.

This one, is "the triplet". Prior to conceiving I had read that as I got closer to 40, the liklihood of mulitples increased. Given that, we started talking about our future family as "Brian and the triplets". So, now that I'm pregnant, naturally, "The Triplets are coming, the triplets are coming!"

-Mindi

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Funny, we've been debating this for awhile, because we wanted a "codename" so we could discuss it in public and no one know what we're talking about (we haven't announced our pregnancy IRL yet).

I came up with "Bubbles" because I absolutely love Bubble Tea and have been drinking it since before we conceived. Also, we plan to call BF "Boba" which is another name for bubble tea, and means "nipples" or "mama's nipples"
so it's all fitting. However, DH doesn't like Bubbles!
: Still gonna use it, though, so there!

Well, yesterday morning I woke up early and was cuddling with my cat on the couch and came up with a new one. We went to see the musical, "Little Women" three days before we conceived, plus I watch Jeopardy and for some reason the answer to final Jeopardy twice this month was "Louisa May Alcott", AND we are due in March (the March sisters in Little Women), AND it was my favorite book growing up (I am Jo March to the core!), soooo...I wanted to have a "name" related to all that and came up with Joey because that's what kangaroo babies in the pouch are called, too! What do you think? Is there something better that could be used?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Peanut, like the Peanuts cartoon because of the big round head. All children under 3 are peanuts to me! They also kinda look like an edible peanut in early stages of pregnancy.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
It's "the baby" now...sometimes "leech number 2" if I'm feeling particularly tired or hungry that day, as ds is still nursing, he would be "leech number 1."

Once we see whether it's a boy or girl, we will go through the baby name book and find the most awful name we can and will refer to the baby as that until he/she is born. A way for us to dodge the name discussion with everyone, but allows them to play with names with us without stepping on our toes about it. We have this privacy issue about names...

Ds was Maynard Japheth (JAFF-eth) until he was born. Isn't that awful sounding?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.