Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
3,311 Posts
I am working on a pair of cabled butt longies from www.buttknits.com in chickie masala (peace fleece)- so far adorable!

I also am trying to finish up a pair of self striping socks that I started on vacation in January.

Oh and lets not forget the sari silk handbag loosely based on the squarecake pattern.

As soon as I get these done I can go yarn shopping again!
:

· Registered
13,743 Posts
Is Buttknits a MDC mama?

I just finished the body of an organic guernsey for River, just got the sleeves to do.That's in chunky handspun wool, though, not cotton. Next up is a pair of stranded colourwork fingerless mitts, then something else... don't know what yet, but I was looking at the toddler girl kimono sweater on ravelry.

· Registered
3,311 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Is Buttknits a MDC mama?

I just finished the body of an organic guernsey for River, just got the sleeves to do.That's in chunky handspun wool, though, not cotton. Next up is a pair of stranded colourwork fingerless mitts, then something else... don't know what yet, but I was looking at the toddler girl kimono sweater on ravelry.
yup! She also has a monster pants pattern that is too cute!

did you get your LC yet? There is an adorable little girl sweater in there- sorry for the spoiler....

· Registered
9,830 Posts
I'm nearly finished with my first actual garment, an Easy Peasy Tee in "Renaissance Rose" merino blend.

· Registered
1,888 Posts
I'm working on Christmas presents. I'm making the women in my life tote bags from this pattern using 100% cotton yarn. I ran out of white yarn (really?!?) so I can't go any further on the one that I'm currently working on. So just tonight I started a granny square out of some random cotton I had in my bag...I think it's going to end up being a baby blanket for a friend. Once I get my wool in from Etsy, I'll be either knitting or crocheting up some cozies for Klean Kanteens that I'm getting for my sons, siblings, nephews, and neice for Christmas. I think I'm going to felt them.

· Registered
1,414 Posts
I have knitter ADD right now. I have a bunch of projects OTN and a bunch more planned.

OTN-
- baby bib
-longies for the new babe
-placket neck pullover for my brother's dd
-tit bits for a friend
-wool soaker for my new babe
-baby hat to match coming home outfit already finished

planned-
-robin hood jacket for ds
-a squillion different baby booties
-afghan for my mom and stepfather for Christmas
-yoda hat for the new babe's halloween costume (I finished the yoda sweater last night.
)
- trellis for new baby
-fruit and veg rattles for new baby's Xmas present
-felted slippers for my neices and nephews Xmas presents

I think there's more that I'm forgetting. Total knitting ADD.

· Registered
3,524 Posts
I was gifted some bamboo that is becoming lace nightie as I type...

Also using up some Peace Fleece on a top down cardi with 3/4 sleeves and colorwork around the collar.

Awaiting some O-wool for a vest for my dad.

Getting set to join a PF coop on Rav to order for my sis and some others' holiday gifts.

I have been in a bit of a slump relative to past confession threads...

· Registered
609 Posts
I'm getting ready for winter, and the cold walk to and from school twice a day with the kids. I've got a few things in my queue, but right now I am making myself a wool balaclava in light blue with butterflies around the crown to make it look less "bank robberish"

· Registered
1,654 Posts
Endpaper Mitts, which will be a Christmas gift for my sister. She chose a variegated pastel rainbow colorway by Koigu and black as a contrasting color. the effect is to make the mittens very busy, but sister likes them so
. I do love the pattern and will likely make a pair for myself (in two contrasting solids!).

I need to start on a Seamless Infant Kimono For a friend who is labor right now with her second son!
: I will likely make it to fit new baby boy in a few months when the weahter is cooler and do it in a blue peace fleece or one of my copious g/n variegated yarns.

I just finished longies for my toddler. Ravelry link for more details!
I am also staring at Helena, also for my toddler. My centerpull ball collapsed and got into a giant knot and I need to untangle it to continue!

· Registered
2,793 Posts
I'm crocheting a 12 point round ripple for my baby girl.

Next up is an afghan for each of my boys. I'm going to make them in ripple patterns as I tend to lose interest in flat blankets and I need to finish these for them.

I just ordered yarn (two skeins Superwash wool, six 60% Pima Cotton, 40% Modal® natural beech wood fiber mixes. Neither of which I've tried before so I'm hoping I like them!) for a scarf for my mom for Christmas, one for my sister for Christmas, and some yarn that was just pretty and I'll likely make longies for the baby with that. Or a pretty ruffled baby sweater that I found on Ravelry.

I have entirely too many projects in my queue.

· Registered
2,665 Posts
I am still on a dishcloth/dish towel kick, knocking out 2 or 3 a week.

I am also fiddling with a crocheted soaker pattern I found, Little Fire. I think I want to make the waist band wider (and I went down a hook size for the "ribbing"). Will see how it comes out. It's my first crocheted soaker, as I tend to knit them.

· Registered
3,311 Posts
I couldn't keep to my list- so I started this http://www.interweaveknits.com/freep.../bed_shrug.pdf
in a lavender silk. It is beautiful and so easy to knit! OMG- gorgeous!

As soon as I get this done though it will be back to my old finish up projects list- I swear.....

· Registered
6,095 Posts
Im currently working on restashing my dishcloths. My current dishcloths are now rags. Thru the years, they have collected paint stains (my fault
) and grease stains (totally DH
).

Natalya, I LOVE the bonnet. I think I may make one for DS. Wouldn't it be cute to have them wearing matching hats while we were out!?

Im going to start christmas crafting soon. Im only going to knit a few things this year. My list is mostly sewing

Anyway, the list of knits consists of
leg warmers
fingerless gloves
dress up outfit
and maybe baklavas for the whole fam. I may just end up buying these in a coop. These are desperate must haves and my knit/sew list is huge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.