Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far at night I have only tried Wonderoos with 15 layers of hemp inserts!
While we haven't had a leak the little missy has had a difficult time sleeping. It is just soooo bulky!
In response to my thread earlier this week about this problem many of you recommended fitteds with wool.
So this brings me to tonight's question - what fitteds and what wool?!
DD is a 1 year old, 24lb heavy wetter. The less sizes the system has the better - dh wants me to get more Wonderoos since they are one-size.
She'll be in the diaper about 12 hours with a couple feedings stuck in there. I can probably spend somewhere around $100-$150 and need enough to go 3 nights. I wash on the third day after dd has gone to bed, so she needs 3 nights supply. Making soakers is an option (should I use chunky wool for a night cover?) but if there is an affordable, effective for night soaker/cover I wouldn't mind buying one anyway, and maybe making a back-up myself.
Thanks in advance!! I'm looking forward to shopping!!

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
For my DD my favorite night-time system is a firefly with a lay-in fleece topped doubler and her Aristocrats. Never a leak! Aristocrats are my favorite for night-time because they are so thick in the wetting areas, only problem is they take forever to dry when washed.

·
Registered
495 Posts
FCB Nightlight - I stuff with 2 medium joeys and a microterry insert. The outside of the dipe is barely wet in the morning so just about any wool will do.

ashlee

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
BeeBo's or Darling Diapers pocket fitted stuffed with a NightyNewt, topped with one of the following covers/soakers: MosaicMoon soaker, EarthyBaby soaker, Kiwipie Cover, CalicoBaby windpro cover. My fav to use at night is the Kiwipie oatmeal cashmere, but I only have one oatmeal cashmere so the others get in the rotation too.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
15 layers!

We use Knickernappies at night stuffed w/a cpf. On the really hot and muggy nights I put him in a t-shirt and a Bridget's soaker and on the cooler nights we use a wool cover (usually an SP or TootSweet).

HTH

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have a 23+lb one year old and we use Sugarplum Baby hemp quickdry fitteds. I swear by these! They are my very favorite fitteds for both nighttime wear and daytime. They come with a snapin soaker as well as an additional layin soaker. Ds sleeps all night and tends to be a heavy wetter at times, these are totally sufficient for us. And he's super comfy in them too. They don't leave marks!
I knit my own soakers. I use Fisherman's wool and it's been perfect for us. No leaks whatsoever. I know a lot of mamas have great luck with Cascade wool as well. I recommend the Fern&Faerie pattern as well as the Little Turtle Knits pattern. F&F offers a free pattern if you want to give it a try without any investment. (I believe Mosaic Moon soakers are from the F&F pattern, but probably the for sale pattern).

With the system I just mentioned, $100 will be MORE than sufficient to get a great stash going! The wool will cost you $8 and you could probably get 2 soakers from it. Dye it yourself with koolaid or food coloring. And the Sugarplum Baby fitteds are only about $12. Be sure to check out her specials. Right now with an order of I think it's $35 you can get 6 hemp wipes.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
ITA with the Firefly Sleeptight (they are awesome) with a fleece topped doubler and either an Aristocrat, a double layer oatmeal cashmere cover from Kiwi Pie or a Fuz Bomb. Josh still wakes up every 2 hours to nurse druing the night (Uggg!), which makes for a lot of pee! LOL! In the morning the ST is saturated, but my bed is dry! Occasionally his clothes will be a bit damp aroung the thighs, but I bought some wool liners (Thank you Max's Mami
) and that should help take care of that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts