Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Not really an official "bedtime" book, but dd's current night-time favorite is "If You Give a Pig a Pancake".

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
"I Love You As Much" is a beautiful board book complete with nursing goats and a co-sleeping mama and baby on the last page
Dh likes "Guess How Much I Love You," though I have to change the words from Big Nutbrown Hare (too much for me to say when I'm tired)....

We're huge Satoshi Kitamura fans here, too. Oh, and Maisy
And Mo Willems and his hilarious pigeon.

·
Registered
877 Posts
lucy (5yo) loves papa to read tin tin comic books.
mira (22mos) likes all 7 of her lift-the-flap "spot" books.
myself, i like "i don't want to go to bed" by julie sykes/tim warnes. little tiger goes off into the jungle and sees all his friends - lion, hippo,..... going thru their bedtime routines, eventually ends up home where he cuddles up to mama and sleeps. no cribs in the jungle!. i also like "i am not sleepy and i will not go to bed" by lauren child. lola drinks pink milk with 3 tigers, brushes her teeth with a lion, takes a bath with a whale (after shooing one whale down the drain so there would be room for lola in the tub....) and generally impedes the progress of her bedtime routine. the pictures are a mix of scribbly drawings and photos.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
sleepy boy (this one is sooo good!)
where the wild things are
uno's garden or anything else by Graeme Base
love you forever
jillian jigs (just bought this one at a thrift shop this week because I remember it haha)
curious george- various
don't be scared little cub
marina and the merchild

usually we read all of those at least once.. and in the same crazy order hahaha (in one of the books, Bryce sees a picture of an axe, and he points it out, and that reminds him of max, so he asks to read the "monster book" ie. where the wild things are)

LOL what a crazy kid we have.. he does love his stories!

·
Registered
503 Posts
We like Little Quack's Bedtime, as well as The Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boynton. Aside from those, we tend to rotate our other bedtime books. She loves Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See and Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What do you Hear, so I usually end up reading one of those every night.

At naptime we always read Hippos Go Berserk and Kitten's Nap, in that order. Every day. If I skip one, she asks for it.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
My best friend had everyone at my bridal shower bring a book along with their gift so we have quite a collection already, my favorite was Goodnight Opus by Berkeley Breathed it's easy to read, fun and has BEAUTIFUL pictures. My favorite growing up was Albion Pig (now out of print
)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts