Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are your favorite PFs?
I've seen OC, Hemp, IPFs, CPFs, and EPFs. Which do you prefer and why?
Please include links to your favorite places to buy as well!
I've only tried CPFs and IPFs and so far my favorites are by far the Unbleached Indians.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,928 Posts
I love my cpf's and ipf's (probably cpf's better just because they are wider). I'm not a huge fan of hemp pf's (right now I'm kind of not liking hemp
: ) but I really like oc pf's. They are so soft. I don't have a link for any specific ones just because I've made ds's for him, but I think Diaperware might carry them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders
I love my cpf's and ipf's (probably cpf's better just because they are wider). I'm not a huge fan of hemp pf's (right now I'm kind of not liking hemp
: ) but I really like oc pf's. They are so soft. I don't have a link for any specific ones just because I've made ds's for him, but I think Diaperware might carry them.
You made them? Would a beginner be able to figure it out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,261 Posts
Indian prefolds are the very softest...but I really love all prefolds!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,928 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brigmaman
You made them? Would a beginner be able to figure it out?
I don't see why not. Basically you could just zig-zag the edges (like if you layered two-layers of oc) and trim really close. Or you could sew them wrong-side and then turn them. (You/I could get more detailed in the Diaper Making forum ... I don't want to post too much and risk your thread being moved.) PM me or start a thread down in Crafts/Diaper Making and I'll give you some links/more info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders
I don't see why not. Basically you could just zig-zag the edges (like if you layered two-layers of oc) and trim really close. Or you could sew them wrong-side and then turn them. (You/I could get more detailed in the Diaper Making forum ... I don't want to post too much and risk your thread being moved.) PM me or start a thread down in Crafts/Diaper Making and I'll give you some links/more info.

thanks! i started a new thread over there. I hadn't seen that forum before!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,712 Posts
I
my hand dyed chinease prefolds from Sunflower Derrieres. Love, love LOVE!!! Did I mention that I love them?

CPFs are my faves by far. I've tried Indian prefolds, which are nice and soft but tend to "slip" a bit when snappid, it's hard to get them to stay snug with no gaps. Also the CPFs are just a little bit bigger, and I like a nice big prefold.

Good places to buy prefolds:

www.sunflowerderrieres.com

www.diaperware.com

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,371 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
I second the UBCPF's. They're softer than the bleached ones but really stand up well to use. I havesome that have been used every other day for 10 months now and they are just getting better with age and use.

I love how soft IPF's are but they aren't as durable IMHO>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,205 Posts
I've only used regular size UBIPFs, but they are soo soft and I like them quite a bit. Ours seem to snappi just fine, no slipping, but I don't have a CPF to compare it to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders
I love my cpf's and ipf's (probably cpf's better just because they are wider).
I've been wondering about this... how much wider are CPFs? We could use a liiiitle extra width.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,454 Posts
I haven't tried any oc pfs yet (though they're on my list!)... but I
my indian prefolds. I like that they are shorter (I hate folding down any extra) and just softer in general!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,261 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittin' in the Shade
ubcpfs rock! They are my fave, and as others have metioned, I get mine at Diaperware Mostly cause Inge's a sweetie and she lives near me so I can go and pick them up (and fondle all the loverly fluff she's got, LOL!)

Inge is great!!! I wish I lived close by....
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top