Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm feeling like I have about two months left before this baby shows - though it's really 15 weeks. Just wondering if I'm the only one with a busy summer ahead! What are your plans? Here's what we're doing:

- Daily now through next week, DSs have swim lessons
- Stamping event on Friday that I have to make projects, prizes, etc. for
- Must pack us for our road trip
- Leave July 2 for a ten day trip
- Come home for DH's birthday, two stamp club meetings (one new), and for final prep (including doing a LOT of stamping if I don't get it done in these two weeks) for Convention
- Go to Stampin' Up! Convention with DH in Denver and have a few extra days to do stuff together
- Come home beginning of August, with 2 months until baby is due!!

We actually got a little work done on our bedroom (birthing space!) tonight, but I was half thinking, "No, there's not time for this! I can't work on this until we get back from our trips!"
Nice to have a little more done, though.

So who else is keeping busy and watching the pregnancy FLY by?
:

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Wow, Heather~ yep I'd say you're a little busy
!!

Well, besides heading to the lake each day with my kidlets, 2 sessions of swim lessons, a visit from my eldest sister and her boys for a week, a visit from my sil and her girls for a week, a wedding, a reunion/birthday party held at my house next week!! a baby shower for my other sil in 2 weeks (she's due the same week as me with her first
) with maybe a few day trips stuffed in there with dh and dc, some big projects on the house, sewing all my fitteds..... absolutely nothing

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Swim Lessons with DS (over after this week)
Spending 2 weeks at my parents farm at the end of July while they are in Alaska. Just me and DS, DH has to work.
Getting two rooms painted in our house and switched around
Remodeling our bathroom (I will be the "manager" for both projects)
Driving up north for a couple days to take DS to "A Day Out With Thomas" (where they have a real train that looks like Thomas and you get to ride it)
Random weekend trips to see parents and IL's

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Lots of little things here and there, mom's Group and the like. The big thing is this Saturday we are leaving on an 8 day trip where we drop our other 2 with Bumpa and Grandma, and we drive over 8 hours to go to a huge music festival where you camp the whole time, oh and my husband is playing there & building and managing a second stage.
: We'll be back July 1st.

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
Bella and Gilli are visiting Grandma for a week.
Then Bella starts dance, once a week for 4wks.
Library book adventure 1x a week.

We are going to the Medieval Faire and a few day trips (no specific dates).

Dh birthday, brothers b-day, and grandmas bthday.

I need to clean the play room, girls room and my room for the baby. I would like dh to tackle the basement. That's about it.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt's Mom in MT View Post
No specific plans, but survival is high on the list.

Thats how I am- not too many plans. DD's birthday, DH's birthday, lots and lots of sewing and cleaning while staying out of the heat. Mostly just enjoying being pregnant.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't have any children yet, so I'll be working full time all summer.

In addition to that, visiting my mom whenever possible (she's having surgery to remove a breast cancer tumor in two weeks and it's going to be major surgery with a long recovery). I also need to finish painting the trim around the windows and doors of our house (about half done now). We (DH and I) are in the process of renovating our bathroom (we gutted it, and have put in the tub, drywall and floor tile. Now we have the wall tile around the tub, the vanity and toilet). My DH turns 30 in August, so I'm planning a party for him. I also need to get cloth diapers, baby clothes, furniture for the baby's room (even if baby never uses it - we haven't decided yet)...

We're also going to the White Mtns for a long weekend getaway in July. Hopefully, I'll be okay doing a few small hikes!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzpurr88 View Post
bedrest
Mostly this for me, too. I have not been offically ordered to do bedrest, but I have been told to be lying down with my feet up whenever possible.

Depending on how Amalie's situation progresses, we *may* try a weekend at the lake. I can rest while there, it is just the two hour drive I am unsure of, so we'll see.

Other than that, I do have to direct traffic on getting the twins' room ready, we have dd's third birthday, and I would like to try to make it to a few of her preschool playdates in the park, so she will not be headed off to preschool with a bunch of strangers. I figure that, along with medical appointments, will pretty much be all I can handle this summer.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Sweating. Sometimes profusely. Sometimes just a little.

ETA: My boys are in camp from 8-12 M-Th. Friday mornings we all go to the Harkins Summer Movie Fun. Everyone naps from about 1pm-3pm. Then we go swimming. Some of us go skinnydipping
: then dh gets home and we all hang out and he cooks dinner. Aug 1 we go on vacation to visit my family for 2w. Then we'll be home and REALLY sweating, August is REALLY hot here.

When we're at home and not swimming we read a lot of books and play. The boys have been TV-free for about 4 days now and it's been really nice.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
my little brother (he is almost 6 feet tall and is 15 so not very little anymore) will be here to visit me soon. he is coming next Wednesday and staying until July 20th. i don't see him often because he lives in South America so i am looking forward to spending the first part of my summer hanging out with him going to museums and getting him to help me clean up the house and set up a container garden on our front porch.

after he leaves i will probably need at least a week of relaxing to recover from having had a house guest for so long! my partner and i really want to have some sort of honeymoon before the baby is born but i am hesitant to travel very far. we will probably try and go someplace nice for a week at the end of July though. no plans for the rest of summer.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YumaDoula View Post
Sweating. Sometimes profusely. Sometimes just a little.
:

We're with family for the time being... at this point, the work of moving is mostly dh's. He will be doing most of the going around and looking at places and working out a lease or whatever, and he'll be moving the stuff from there to here. I'll be doing unpacking, I guess, but I don't mind it taking as long as it needs to. Right now, we're just hanging out, enjoying my parents' big yard and garden and hammock, going to the playground when we feel like it, etc. It's very nice.

·
Registered
209 Posts
No great vacation plans here. I am working (no kids yet) and we are planning on doing some more painting in the house.

Painted the dining room, bought furniture for it.
Plan on painting nursery and getting rid of ugly border in living room.
BTW, low VOC paint really makes a difference.

Possibly taking an on-line college course, but time is running out.

Want to enroll in some baby classes (first aid, L&D)

Weekend away would be nice - but that's up in the air.

Visiting ils who live fairly close (only 1 hr)

Going to a friend's wedding on July 14th. Hurray!

·
Registered
25,599 Posts
Not much. We went to Disney World in March (in-laws treat, but misc. expenses totalled $1,000), are buying a minivan, paid for my trip to the ICAN conference in Syracuse in April. It's been an expensive year. So, we're going to spend a very cheap week at my stepdad's waterfront cottage on a nearby island...walking on the beach, some swimming - just taking it easy. Other than that, I may do a few day trips with the kids (local science center, aquarium, berry picking, zoo, etc.) and that's about it. DS1 may go into a one-week daycamp program in August, but I'm not sure about that yet.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hmm...our vacation got cut because DH ended up with some medical problems and in the hospital for a few days in the beginning of May. We were both of work for a week and used a bit of our vacation time.

Sooo....I am still working full time, so that is majority of the summer.

Gonna start teaching DS how to swim.

We are taking DS to the county fair in two weeks.

I am throwing my friend a baby shower in July.

Going shopping for new baby furniture in August.

ANd hopefully getting our business started....

Methinks its gonna be a long summer...*sigh* Wish it weren't so.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
After reading all of yours I don't think I will be very busy. I just want to make it through the summer without overheating! We will spend time at the library and in the pool

ds's b-day is in July so we're celebrating with our friends who will be visiting from Missouri. August we have my family reunion, dh's 10 year high school reunion and some bbq's on the saturdays with friends.
The only thing I'm really scared for is ds starting kindergarten in the fall. He is going to a charter school 20 minutes from us and I'm not looking forward to having to drive here to and from school. It's only 2.5 hours so not even worth driving home and then driving back. OK, so I'm freaking out a bit but whatever works!

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
i have to drive from ga to houston for my shower on 8/4. alone- ive never driven tht far alone before- ive onlyhad my license about a month and a half

·
Registered
8,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleyhaugh View Post
i have to drive from ga to houston for my shower on 8/4. alone- ive never driven tht far alone before- ive onlyhad my license about a month and a half
Houston?!
What part of town? That's a long drive, but doable. Will you stop overnight somewhere? I don't think we've ever made it in one shot. I wonder if it wouldn't be worth it to fly, especially if it's just you? Then ship anything home you can't take on the plane.

Anyhow, if you have extra time in Houston, be sure to let me know!

·
Registered
925 Posts
I'm working full-time until the third week in August, so that doesn't leave much time for any vacation type activities. We'll be going away for a 3 day family language & culturecamp, which will probably be the extent of our vacation activities.
Other than that I should be making some cloth diapers on weekend nights, going swimming with DD, and de-cluttering.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.