Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I could do an elimination diet... but I simply have to physical of a job to reduce my calories. I am already at a lower weight than I want to be and I can't lose anymore so I was wondering..... have any of you had success with food allergy / intolerance testing?<br><br>
I feel like i should start keeping a journal but it is hard to pinpoint exactly what is causing some of my symptoms. Mostly all the time I feel bloated even though I am skinny. I gave up gluten, Dairy, eggs, oatmeal

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
I've done allergy testing with a NAET practitioner with really good results.<br><br>
That being said, an elimination diet does not have to mean reduced calories at all. But with bloat, my first thought would be grains.<br><br>
You might want to check out the grain-free thread for ideas on food, I know there's several people on there who are also dairy free, not sure about eggs though (although if you haven't noticed any changes from that, I'd probably add them back in as they're a great source of fat and protein).<br><br>
Oh, and how long has it been since you cut out dairy and gluten? And how careful are you about reading labels/avoiding cross-contamination? I believe dairy takes 2 weeks to flush out of your system, and you have to be extremely careful about contamination.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I had success with IgG delayed food allergy testing. IgE immediate food allergy testing (which is what allergists typically test for) comes up with nothing for me. I had a 96-food panel done of the IgG testing though and I tested positive to 37 foods. I cut those out and also cut out everything I wasn't tested for and boy... the difference was amazing. I've slowly been able to add foods back in by addressing nutrient deficiencies, eating tons of probiotic foods, and consistently taking digestive enzymes.<br><br>
I could never have figured it out with a food journal alone. I am just reactive to too many different foods. Then again, I am an extreme example. I was VERY sick before we figured all of this out - so sick that I was undergoing testing for multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's. All of it was due to leaky gut and food reactions.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a particular company you recommend? Or a test?<br><br>
I was reading some are blood tests.. but the ones that are hair tests seem like they would be easier because you don't need to visit a clinic or anything

1 - 4 of 4 Posts