Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if there has already been a thread about this - if there is, please feel free to redirect me...

DH asked last night if there was anything he could do to help increase our chances of conceiving. I know there's probably a list of things, but all I can think of is cutting down on caffeine, and I just came across an article that said 200mg of vitamin E/day is good, too.

Any other ideas? (TIA
)

·
Registered
476 Posts
For men I recommend eliminating alcohol and stop smoking. Smoking decreases fertility in both men and women. He should also be taking a multivitamin.

Other studies have shown that men who take 5mg of folate (folic acid) and 66mg of zinc sulfate daily have a 74% increase in sperm count!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
DH still maintains that switching from briefs to boxers made all the difference.

Something about keeping the testicles cooler. I dunno if this falls under the category of "old husbands' tales," but... I suppose it's worth a try.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Listening to you and giving you a hug when AF shows.

I know, not what you were looking for - but those make a difference when TTC.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfp02
Listening to you and giving you a hug when AF shows.
Not that I'm supersticious or anything...
But mfp02, what prompted you to write the above?

I'm 12dpo & all signs are pointing to being pregnant (I started this thread at the beginning of my 2ww, because that's when it came up - thinking ahead for the next cycle in case there was one, but hoping there wouldn't). Today's the day that af would normally show, and I'm on pins & needles, trying not to stress out so much and not be so afraid that af's just going to pop up out of nowhere... You're post's kind of freaking me out... Tell me you were just assuming from my original post that af was on her way and I wasn't having much hope for the cycle......
:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts