Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 days ago my DD woke up in the night with a fever, but we let it run it's course for about 12 hours before I resorted to 1/2 a dose of Tylenol because she was SOO uncomfortable. Then yesterday she started getting a bad cough- the kind where your whole body tightens up and you can end up coughing so hard that you puke. Well, she DID puke once (but she has JUST eaten, too, and I think the coughing just brought it back up). Overnight I ran the humidifier with some eucalyptus oil in it and she didn't cough much at all during the night, but we're back to the really hard coughing again this morning. I don't have any other "natural" remedy stuff in my home, but I'd be more than willing to go buy whatever I need. Please help me help my DD!!

ETA- Oh, I forgot to say that she's also got a tooth breaking through at the same time, but I have a hard time believing this may all be caused by that, especially since she got her first tooth with NO symptoms.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It sounds like you're doing everything I would do. The suction bulb was really helpful when my dd was a baby with a stuffy nose. She didn't mind it tho, so that was a plus.

My dd never could do tylenol without puking, so I gave her homeopathics. Can't remember which ones, but hylands has a bunch for specific symptoms.

One thing I will say, is babies don't always "get" that sick isn't forever. They don't know it's not going to be like this from now on, so I would talk to her, slowly, letting her know what "sick" is and that she will feel better soon.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts