Mothering Forum banner

What can I do with my sunbutter?

791 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  WC_hapamama 
#1 ·
My one year old DS will eat anything, and one of his favorite foods is my homemade sunbutter. But, I can't think of anything to do with it, except smear it on whole grain bread with some smooshed up fruit.

Anyone got any great ideas for how to use Sunflower seed butter?

#4 ·
We have to be peanut free in this house, so I use sunbutter in all of my recipes that call for peanut butter. Make peanut sauce (well, I guess it should now be called sunbutter sauce) and put it on pasta.

Beth

#5 ·
Fantastic thread!!...........peanuts are the "dirty nut" and I mostly use sunflower nut butter. My twins love it on their morning toasties!! I should make some cookies for them with it. I know it costs a lot more than cheap sugary PB but it's worth it!!

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~girlsmum~ View Post
Fantastic thread!!...........peanuts are the "dirty nut" and I mostly use sunflower nut butter. My twins love it on their morning toasties!! I should make some cookies for them with it. I know it costs a lot more than cheap sugary PB but it's worth it!!

Target has sunbutter for 2.99 and trader joes for a little over 3.00 iirc.

we make "pb' and j sandwhiches and use it for dip, which for ds is almost everything lol. he likes it with apples especially. I'm going to make cookies with it one of these days i was told to not be alarmed if they turn green while cooking though!

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by EarthsSpiral View Post
I just tried almond butter and wasn't impressed. How does it compare to sunbutter?
the almond butter i tried yesterday was grainy and sunbutter isnt. IMO sunbutter tastes like...well...sunflowerseeds but has the same consistancy of creamy pb more or less

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.