Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I think I read the title to this post like 5 times, thinking, "she really doesn't WANT smelly poop does she?!?!" So then I had to open it to make sure that's is what it really said, LOL.

I thought that apple juice always made poop smelly, and peas definitely, and any meats if you eat meat.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
I have the same problem but I have a feeling that their poop does indeed smell but my nose is slowly stopping to work. other people notice when they have a poop and I think other people think my laundry room smells but I don't think it does (that's where the diaper pail AND the cat's litter box is)
My mom has no sense of smell and I think I'm losing mine too. So I am also often surprised by a sat in poop and a red tushie

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Food intolerances will make an exclusively breastfed baby's poop smell.
Nadia can't tolerate dairy, onions, soy, peanuts, rice or wheat in my diet. We definitely won't be starting solids until 12 months!

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
With DD her poop really did not smell until she was eating quite a bit of table foods consistently (she was at least 15-18 months). DS *always* had stinky foods. Enjoy it while it lasts and just check every once in a while.

Good luck,
Kay

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Knittin' in the Shade
I think I read the title to this post like 5 times, thinking, "she really doesn't WANT smelly poop does she?!?!" So then I had to open it to make sure that's is what it really said, LOL.

I thought the same thing! :LOL Yep -if you eat meat -that will usually do the trick.

Jesse
(who wishes she had a non-stinky poo prblem!)

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Meat! That makes perfect sense. DD really doestn't each much meat, but a few months ago she was more into it and her poo was much stinkier.

I know it sounds silly to want stinky poo but I find that even a few minutes in a poo diaper leaves her red and I just hate that.

Thanks for all your ideas ladies.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Well my sons smell pretty stinky, thus the reason I call Alek stinker all the time. But yeah, I feed him prunes every day due to constipation and lots of stinkoid bananas. Those two together create a holy crimminies did someone's butt blow up smell!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.