Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. I'm looking at my fridge (well, not literally, since I'm typing this!), and I see<br>
eggs,<br>
cream,<br>
milk,<br>
onions,<br>
garlic,<br>
two small yellow squash (although there may be more in the garden),<br>
a small broccoli crown (have lots in the freezer),<br>
lots of beef (hamburger, steaks, etc.),<br>
avocado,<br>
lettuce,<br>
salsa,<br>
frozen green beans,<br>
sausage (italian style).<br><br>
I don't have any cheese. I am not eating grains. I have the usual variety of seasonings, or can make do.<br><br>
Any suggestions of how I can somehow put something together for dinner out of this?<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Salad with everything on it (except milk of course).<br><br>
Or a beef broccoli green bean squash stir fry (without any noodles but that's the way the low carb people eat it anyway, right?)<br><br>
Steak and mixed veggies

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
A quiche without the crust.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Cook the hamburger taco meat-syle and use it as a salad topper. You could make enchilada sauce for the salad dressing. This idea only works if you also have chili powder.

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, had salad for lunch, so not sure Dh would go for another salad! The stir-fry idea sounds good. I could make tacos for everyone else and a salad for me.<br><br>
Crustless quiche: that sounds good! Maybe I'll make that for breakfast tomorrow.<br><br>
I really need to go to the store, but am waiting on some $$ as I don't think they'll give me groceries for my good looks.<br><br><br>
Any other ideas?

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, this thread is now a moot point! Dh decided to take Ds out for a father-son night, leaving me with the girls. They requested mac-n-cheese (out of a box, yes I know, but it's organic, and they LOVE it), so I just cooked up some eggs for myself. I'll probably go back later for some berries and whipped cream (homemade, raw, of course).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts