Mothering Forum banner
301 - 306 of 306 Posts
Quote:
I feel like the children that are born more prone to getting autism might get it from the vaccination, but I don't think all children are at risk. There are too many of us that have been getting vaccinations for many years and autism just isn't that widespread.
I agree that not everyone is at risk for autism and that some people are probably more prone to it than others. The problem is that you will not know whether your child is prone to getting autism until he/she does or doesn't get it. There aren't any other red flag warning signs that you will see in advance until retrospect and no diagnostic test for who is susceptible and who isn't. Thus the caution of many parents who are concerned that vaccinations cause autism, even if it's just for some.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krissi View Post
I agree that not everyone is at risk for autism and that some people are probably more prone to it than others. The problem is that you will not know whether your child is prone to getting autism until he/she does or doesn't get it. There aren't any other red flag warning signs that you will see in advance until retrospect and no diagnostic test for who is susceptible and who isn't. Thus the caution of many parents who are concerned that vaccinations cause autism, even if it's just for some.
ITA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorteep View Post
for the record autism is an incredibly complex condition with many many individual triggers that differ from child to child,, to say that vax causes autism , period or even thimerosal causes autism.. period is grossly oversimplifying the condition (although both vax and mercury certainly can play big roles in triggering ASD there is a lot more to it than simply that..)KWIM?

this thread has so many pages and vax is one of many issues that probably puts our little ones over the edge..... I think for me the BirthControlPill was the most interesting discussion... I think it is in this thread.. or if not here it was the link to the nutrition thread where it came up.

I don't think we will ever know all of the causes of autism, there are too many. And of course there are children like my cousin who are diagnosed with Autism even though what he actually has is an unrelated genetic disorder with similar symptoms. But the diagnosis remains because it gets him the services he needs, which is fine.

I can say for certain what caused my son to regress into autism. Vaccines. I think all of them played a roll to some small degree, adding on toxins and mercury, killing off his good intestinal flora, replacing it with ickies (yep that's my medical term for the day
). Then the MMR. Right after that vax he regressed. Like some one threw a switch and my child was gone, replaced with a screaming, non-verbal totally unreasonable clone. He went from verbally advanced to non-verbal overnight. He had these horrible screaming fits. He developed a rash over his entire body (kertosis polaris). He quit eating, he quit sleeping. He quit smiling. MRI showed brain damage caused by swelling, but it had been too long by the time we had the scan to prove what caused the swelling. But even the pedi neurologist said he believes it was the MMR. We have done alot of work to get him back. He isn't fully recoverd, and I don't think he will ever be quite the same. But he is coming back to us. Thanks to the DAN! protocols of biomedical treatment. We treated him for a vaccine reaction and he has responded. That tells me without a doubt that the vax's caused this. Is it the only cause for all children, probably not. Why do some children react and other's don't, I don't know, I have theories, but I just don't know for sure. I just know that ds1 is one of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
He developed a rash over his entire body (kertosis polaris).
First of all
to you and your little one. But I just wanted to mention this is a sign of vitamin A deficiency... (and makes sense given what is known about measles and vitamin A being depleted by the virus).... have you done the Megson protocol?

Definately tell me more about this. I have the rash too, but not nearly as badly as he does. i've had it since my MMR booster when I was 12. The catch is ds is pretty much incapable of taking oral supplements and meds. We haven't been able to do any of the special diets (because his diet is so restricted by his sensory stuff). He is taking B12 injections (which have worked wonders) and I can slip him acidopholis and magnesium in his juice without his noticing it. But that is the best we can do right now.

301 - 306 of 306 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.