Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies. Frederick ran a pretty high fever Monday and Tuesday -- it probably hit 103-104 but we were able to cool him and keep him in a reasonable range. He complained of a stomach ache and headache. He slept most of Monday and Tuesday.

Yesterday he seemed much better -- we worried only about dehydration. It's over 100 degrees here. He has had a decent amount of fluids, but did have chapped lips this morning and has lost a pound or two. So I figured it was over except for the dehydration.

He went to preschool today and at the end of the day I noticed spots on his face. When I got home I was in better light and took his shirt off and the spots are on his neck as well. They do look like a measles rash, but he has not had the cold or respiratory symptoms. He's had some sensitivity to light.

He's lower energy now than usual and still complains of a stomach ache and headache, but those symptoms all seem to be improved since Monday and Tuesday.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. Amanda

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
That sounds exactly like what DS had a few weeks back, which we concluded was probably roseola. He had a nasty fever and was very grumpy and fussy, but then suddenly the fever disappeared and he was back to normal and then got a light rash all over his face and torso, which went away after about 48 hours. I hope your DS feels better soon.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Another roseolla thinker. Ds had it about 4 monthes ago. Sounded just like that. His rash went from a little pimple looking thing by his bellybutton to a Horriable rash all over his torso and it was gone in a few hours. Don't worry about it to much, just keep him hydrated.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ladies. I was thinking measles because the rash originated on the face and moved to the neck, but this morning it is mostly gone, so whatever it was, I'm not going to worry about it.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plummeting
If it was measles, the skin would probably peel or flake a little afterwards.
Thanks Plummeting. I'll look for that. But if it was measles, it was a pretty quick case. The fever was very bad but only lasted two days. The rash lasted one day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts