Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at these 3, Proraps Classic, Bummis SWW and Bumkins. Which one of these will work best for tiny legs and waist? My dd is super tiny and I'm having a hard time getting anything to fit around her legs. Pull-on covers will but I prefer wraps. I've been reading reveiws on these but there wasn't much on them about fit, only performance.
TIA,
Michelle

·
Registered
832 Posts
I've seen reviews of Bumkins say over and over that they work best for skinny to average thighs and not at all for chunky thighs. I'd say my baby has average thighs. They were pretty skinny when he was first born. The Bumkins covers are by far the best for him.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
My baby doesn't have a particularly skinny waist but her thighs are pretty skinny. We've used all three of those covers with good success. We had issues as she was transitioning from NB to the next size up--all leaked a little. So I just went to the bigger size and put in two prefolds to close up the gaps. Did that when neccessary for about a week and now we're good. They grow so fast!

ETA: Just found this site that sells Bumpkis that has descriptions of fit and customer feedback that says they're good for skinny thighs:

http://www.jardinediapers.com/Bumkin...over-p-26.html

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that is a great site
thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatSG
My baby doesn't have a particularly skinny waist but her thighs are pretty skinny. We've used all three of those covers with good success. We had issues as she was transitioning from NB to the next size up--all leaked a little. So I just went to the bigger size and put in two prefolds to close up the gaps. Did that when neccessary for about a week and now we're good. They grow so fast!

ETA: Just found this site that sells Bumpkis that has descriptions of fit and customer feedback that says they're good for skinny thighs:

http://www.jardinediapers.com/Bumkin...over-p-26.html

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
My DS #1 had super skinny thighs. The absolute best fitting wraps (also, cheap
) were litewraps - they run huge, so size down, but the huge gussets are awesome for skinny thighs. The wide velcro panel was also very adjustable. Of the others you mentioned, Bumkins were best, followed by Bummis. But I definitely recommend checking out litewraps.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by wawoof
My DS #1 had super skinny thighs. The absolute best fitting wraps (also, cheap
) were litewraps - they run huge, so size down, but the huge gussets are awesome for skinny thighs. The wide velcro panel was also very adjustable. Of the others you mentioned, Bumkins were best, followed by Bummis. But I definitely recommend checking out litewraps.
Ok, thanks
I wondered about those but shyed away when I heard they ran big. Will they hold a tri-folded prefold ok?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Micheliala
Ok, thanks
I wondered about those but shyed away when I heard they ran big. Will they hold a tri-folded prefold ok?
Yes, as long as you size down. The small litewraps marked 10-15lb fit my skinny DS til he was 23lb!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I've not had much luck with prowraps on my skinny DD, the legs never look quite right. My favorites have been the motherease wraps. I do snappi the prefold under them though, I've only been able to use them just folded in when she has been right at the end of the weight range.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
My oldest DS had skinny legs. We used Bumpkins and Bummis. Both worked quite well. I never tried the prowraps on him though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts