Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to get rid of the STINK!
: I have always used SensiClean and have been very pleased. I have top loader. I am going to try baking soda but I don't know what else to do. Once she urinates, watch out! You just want to run in the oppisite direction

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
602 Posts
have you tried just washing on hot (hot water heater all the way up) many, many times to make sure you have no build up? do you use vinegar--i've read that can cause stink too? if it is fleece stuff, i think you can use some dawn and that will help strip them. i even used a very little bit of dawn and baking soda with some oc diapers that just stunk for the first wash cycle and then just ran them on hot about 15 times with nothing else added.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Okay, I know this is not the most environmentally desirable thing, and it's not something you would want to do very often because it would break down your diapers, but if they still stink after trying all of the above I would try adding a small amount of bleach to the wash.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could try turning the hot water up. I am washing now, doing a cold water rinse first, then I am just going to wash on hot. I was using vingear and stopped because I was told that can make them stink too if I have hard water, which i do. And there is no fleece, just pocket diaps and inserts, and some aio's.

So we will see. Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mommamin
I was using vingear and stopped because I was told that can make them stink too if I have hard water, which i do.
We have soft water, so I haven't tried it, but I have heard calgon laundry additive is good for hard water. This is something you would find in the same asile of the store that has laundry detergent. It is hard to find--but I have seen it. Don't know how much it would help. Maybe someone else has an opinion on this.

Also, I would wash multiple times with the hot water to strip.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts