Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..and can I fix it? A friend IRL gave me a wool cover because she didn't like it. I lanolized it like it says to in the diapering resources and the thing is covered in lansinoh. The snaps have a film to them. Did I not use enough water, too much lansinoh, is that the way it's supposed to be? What do I do???? Help!

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
How much lanolin and how much water did you use? Was the lanolin completely dissolved in the water when you put the cover in? I'm thinking either too much lanolin or the water wasn't hot enough to dissolve it, so it clumped up in gobs.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yep, you can wash it with shampoo and it should take off most if not all of the lanolin. If that still doesn't work then try some detergent.

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Lanolin will gel and get clumpy if the water doesn't stay tepid or a tad warmer than tepid. Melting it in a pyrex in the microwave and adding it to the tepid water helps keep away the 'glob' too.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Next time when you lanolize, if you put like a drop or two of baby soap, or eucalan in with the lanolin, and hot water and shake it up in a jar, you should get clumps of stickiness(unless you use too much lanolin). Also if you look up in the diaper resource area there are step by step instructions to lanolize.<br>
HTH~Debi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts