Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to make myself a gauze wrap. I've found several websites giving dimensions and they range from 4-5 yards long and 22 - 30+ inches wide. Just looking for input on what others like in terms of dimensions. Any info would be appreciated. Then all I'll have to do is figure out how to use the silly thing

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I heard that all you have to do is buy about 5 yards of fabric and cut it in half lengthwise, then you have 2 wraps. (of course depending on the type of fabric you might need to do a little sewing on the edges) I would go with a full 5 yards, I like a little extra room to work with (and I'm small - 5'4" and 115 lbs.)

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hipmama28
I like my wraps wide because it is easier for me in the backcarry.
What kind of carries are you planning to do?
I have no idea
:

I'm new to wraps so I'm not really familiar with all of the carries. Definitely a back carry, not sure what else. What is considered wide? 30 inches? I was leaning towards 5 yards and 30inches figuring I can always make it smaller if I need to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.