Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been using FuzziBunz and have been very happy with the results. DD (3 months) will soon grow out of the small size. I could just buy the mediums, but the more I read about prefolds and covers, I'm intrigued...and to be honest, I'm not sure how they work. Will using prefolds and covers be as easy as my FuzziBunz? Will I have to change sizes as often or do the prefolds last longer? I think DD is a heavy wetter--I need either 2 hemp liners or one cotton babies microterry liner to not get leaks. One thing I like about the FB is how dry the outer layer stays...how do prefolds compare in terms of keeping baby dry? I'm assuming that prefolds/covers will be cheaper than FB, but I don't know...

Any advice, tips, or stories would be much appreciated! Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
My kids have sensitive skin, and we can't do prefolds overnight or they get ammonia burn. I can use them during the day, but I just got some FB's and I am a total convert.
Ds (who was born 5 days before your dd) and dd, who turns 2 in 3 weeks, are BOTH in the mediums. They will fit for such a good long time! Dd outgrew the infant prefolds at 18 months, and I had to get some toddler sized ones.
Prefolds will be cheaper, but when you diaper you will need the prefold, snappi or pins, cover, and if you have sensitive babes like mine- a fleece liner. I really like the simplicity of FB's.

I would suggest you do a mix. You would not have to buy as many AIO's, and you could switch back and forth depending on your mood.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.