Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4,133 Posts
I did a search for natural phosphorous sources and got, ground phosphate rock, compost (esp. from animal waste), and bonemeal. HTH

· Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, Cathy. We are bit low there, but what I had meant to post was potassium, lol...pregnant brain keeps getting in the way. (Potassium is the p in npk, right?) That P is really low...thanks. I am too tired to be posting anything, ever, lol!!

· Registered
3,691 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dannic View Post
thanks, Cathy. We are bit low there, but what I had meant to post was potassium, lol...pregnant brain keeps getting in the way. (Potassium is the p in npk, right?) That P is really low...thanks. I am too tired to be posting anything, ever, lol!!

Nope, you had it right the first time. The P stands for phosphorus. Potassium would be written as K.

You can buy a bag of ground phosphorus rock. Can't remember what the application rate is, probably a 1/2 lb per 100 feet or so. Just dump it on, turn it in and you should be ready to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.