Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
I CD, too, and I think my dd will be in a similar situation very soon. She has stayed dry all night since about 13 months of age, and started saying "pee" and "poop" at 16 months of age. She's now 17 months, and will tell me almost every time she has to go, although sometimes she gets pee and poop mixed up. In my case I leave her bottom naked most of the time, and if she says "pee" I put a diaper on her and she'll pee in it and then I take it right back off an throw it in the diaper pail. Same thing with poop. As of yet, she doesn't seem interested in the potty. I have set her on the potty when she says she has to go, and sometimes she'll pretend to go, but she doesn't actually pee or poop on it yet. I think when they're this young, it is going to be very mommy-intensive. You'll probably have to be the one taking your ds to the potty and taking off his diaper. Does he give you much warning as to when he needs to go? I know you may not want to invest in new CD's at this time, but I find that the Hempers fitted diapers with snaps come off really quickly, and he could probably even use them as training pants when he's old enough to pull them down. (I, too, like prefolds and snappis, but I use a lot of Hempers, too, and they're not too expensive). Perhaps leaving him diaperless as much as possible wouldl help, too, because then you won't have to fiddle with a diaper at all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.