Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>DS potty trained a year and a half ago.  I won't be having another baby for another two years or so and we *might* be adopting a toddler instead of going through a pregnancy.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>There's about 4 dozen cloth diapers taking up space in my garage.  IF I get to use them again, they'll be 3 1/2 years old by then.  And I might not even use them at all.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DH thinks we should keep them on the off-chance that we'll use them again.  I'm on the fence.  By the time I might need them again, there will probably be new versions of the same diapers available, or better diapers (we all know how much the industry changes!).  And I also have the ability to make my own.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So what would you do?  Should I get rid of them now and just wait and see what happens with our family, or hang on to them on the off-chance that we'll need them again. </p>

·
Registered
811 Posts
<p>I'd go ahead and try to sell most of them, if I were you. You can recoup some of the cost you put out for them that way and, if necessary, buy cloth again in a few years with your next baby.</p>

·
Registered
631 Posts
<p>If any of them have elastic in it then I would sell them all now while they are still worth it. I am now selling any diapers we dont use or that are outgrown because I have had a lot of diapers elastic go on ones which were used only a few months for my son and sat waiting for my daughter. Its pretty hard to fix the elastic on a lot of types of diapers. If you have just prefolds/flats then you could keep them if you seal them in ziplock bags to keep away bugs/water etc. But prefolds are really cheap to replace anyway and you dont even know if you would want them. So if it were me, I would sell all of them. Get some money for them now while you still can, they wont be worth anything if the elastics have died on them. </p>

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>Thanks everyone!  The elastic is still very good on all of them- we treated them very well and they were part of a big rotation.  I think I'll sell them and start anew if we have that opportunity again. </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts