Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>So my DD1, when younger, had this thing about tearing things apart.  the main victims were a few of her board books.  the poor things!  the outsides are terrible!  she pulled the paper off the covers and chewed chunks out of the front page on one...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What do I do with them?  the insides are still good (mostly) and i have always felt terrible about throwing books away.  or recycling.  I can't in good conscience give them away, they'd be tossed out there too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>is it okay to simply recycle the books so DD2 doesn't see that it's okay to do that to books and continue the destruction?  (although so far she seems untempted.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>  I just can't decide!</p>

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
<p>Although it pains me to throw away books, I put books like the ones you describe in the recycling bin. Maybe if the pages are cute and in good shape, you could frame them and use them to decorate kiddo's room?</p>

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
<p> </p>
<p>You can try to <a href="http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/old-paperbacks-to-custom-hardbackshow-to-124005" target="_blank">re-cover them</a> if the insides are in good shape. If not, then you could up-cycle some pages as artwork. I've seen cute purses made using book covers, I'm sure you could do the same with pages from a board book. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>If they are just falling apart and are becoming clutter in your home, I'd put them out with the recycling. If there is a real favourite that you'd like as a keepsake, buying a new copy so that you can hand it down seems like a better idea than keeping a half-destroyed copy.</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts