Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my 19mo DS we put those rubberized flannely things underneath him, but they really made him sweat. We are having a new baby in September and I would like to try something else. My current ideas are:

1) cut up an old wool army blanket and put underneath a flannel blanket. My question about this is how would you wash it? My wool soakers I do by hand. Might be a pain if I had to wash my wool pads by hand.

2) fleece. Not sure how I would work this logistically. Maybe just cut up some big squares of fleece. Or fashion a fleece sheet of some sort. Or sew a fleece layer to a toddler prefold and use those for waterproof pads?

Maybe I am making this way too complicated. Anyway, would love to hear how others deal with this!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I use a large piece of WindPro fleece (by Malden Mills). I just cut it wide enough to cover the twin mattress side to side & then about 3 feet long. I just put it under the mattress pad & it works perfectly w/out making my dd sweat. Good luck

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
I use a small fleece blanket just under the baby; or else two thick pf's, one for the head and one for the bottom. Wool under the sheet would probably work too. You should be able to wash it in the washing machine on gentle/cold at the very least. Washing it hot and drying it hot the first time will shrink & full it, but it will be much, much smaller when you're done. :LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts