Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anything? I posted about this over in life with a babe too, so I apologize if you're having to read this question twice!

We're thinking about getting my 19mo DS a big boy bed and I am considering options for protecting the matress. We used to use those rubberized flannely things underneath him, but they really made him sweat. I want to try something else. My current ideas are:

1) cut up an old wool army blanket and put it underneath the sheet. My question about this is how would you wash it? My wool soakers I wash by hand. Might be a pain if I had to wash my wool pads by hand. Of course hopefully it wouldn't be that often that I was washing it. Also would this poke through the sheet and feel scratchy?

2) fleece. Not sure how I would work this logistically. Maybe just cut up some big squares of fleece that cover the middle section of his matress and tuck the ends under the matress. Or fashion a fleece sheet of some sort. Or sew a fleece layer to a toddler prefold and use those for waterproof pads and put it under the sheet?

Maybe I am making this way too complicated. Anyway, would love to hear how others deal with this!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by boongirl
What about a waterproof mattress cover? That is what we use on our bed (we cosleep) and it works great. Got it at Target.
You don't find it makes you sweaty? Do you know what it's made out of? Maybe we are just more inclined toward sweatiness than others! :LOL

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by boongirl
What about a waterproof mattress cover? That is what we use on our bed (we cosleep) and it works great. Got it at Target.
We've tried all the waterproof mattress covers out there I think. They all made us sweaty.

I'm curious as to what to use too. So far, we've used nothing because of the seat factor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts