Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 15 mo that sometimes isn't all that interested in food at mealtimes which is fine if we are at home, i just keep what he doesn't eat around for when he gets hungry, but as soon as we are out & about and he asks for "snack" if we are just out running errands for an hour or so i usually just have a container of organic pretty healthy crackers, but i hate to have him filling up on these all of the time. i do sometimes bring fruit. just looking for ideas on foods that are easily transportable & not messy.TIA!
:

·
Registered
380 Posts
i have seen dehydrated corn and apples stuff like that at the health food store but never tried it. they look like they are easy to eat and take with you.

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
We're hsers, so we sometimes need to bring snacks to various outings.

We pack our snacks with a knife, napkins, & drinking containers, other necesseties e4tc. We tend to put whatever we like in the basket and go. No big plans, usually.

Apples and/or whatever fruits. Sometimes cut up in a container, mostly not. We most often cut once there. It's easier to grab things and pack them in the basket than to cut and decide at home. What we don't want/eat, we bring back.
Ice pack in summer
Jar of nut butter
1/2 loaf bread or crackers or pretzles
Cheese
Harboiled eggs
Carrot sticks (or other raw veggies, depending on what we have-- this is *much* easier in summer).
Baked goods (muffins, cookies breads)
Seeds/nuts
tortillas
hummus
leftovers
whatever we have and we like that tastes good unheated

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
ditto on hardboiled eggs. Bananas, cashews, orange, dried fruit, cubed raw cheese or cheese sticks.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
when I know we will be out at snack time I will take cheese cubes, cut up fruit or small sandwiches. Basicly the sort of things we would have at home. Also a sippy cup with milk will usually hold DS over till we get home.

For just in case I tend to carry a little pot of dried fruit. Raisins are the current favorite, apricots are also popular. Rice cakes are another thing I regularly carry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.