Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ds is nearly 4 months old. we have been ECing for 6 weeks, during the day, putting cloth diaper on to go out...and cloth all night.

I want to EC full time. How can i do this at night, I only have flat diapers, don't really want to buy more as trying to do away with them. How can I do nightime without diapers and without getting wet- ds sleeps in the crook of my arm, and boy can he do projectile pee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you do at night?

~Amanda~

·
Registered
141 Posts
Does he start to toss and turn during the night, that is usually a signal that babies need to go, then you could take him to pee. You could cut off some infant sweat pants to wear at night, they might be easy to take on and off and offer a little protection.

·
Registered
432 Posts
We have been ECing since ds was 5.5 mths- he's now 9 mths. I still don't know what the heck we're doing at night...sometimes when he tosses and turns, we take him to pee. Sometimes he cries and then pees and then goes back to sleep. sometimes when he wakes, I nurse. Other times, he cries out and I just cuddle him. Thinking of nightweaning sometime in near future (less nursing, less peeing, less waking, less nursing, less peeing,...) We still have him in a CD most of the time. He sometimes stays dry all night, but often he wets a dipe. I have slept with him wearing nothing a few times (at the beginning) but I did get peed on a few times. I love napping with a diaper free babe!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
how about underpants at night? but i am not sure that they would be thick enough to absorb ... have you waterproofed the bed?
dd was dry at night from about 4-7 months, but then that changed and we were changing her cd 2-3 times a night until very rencelty - the past 2-3 weeks i have noticed that she's been waking up dry.

good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.