Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My DD is 3.5mo. She is very sensitive to any gluten in my diet. Even small amounts will cause her to have "colic" for 2 days after. So, I'm doing my best to eat gluten free. (And I'm mostly successful). On the few occasions I have some (like I was served a salad with croutons and thought it would be OK to just eat the lettuce and leave the croutons behind, but I guess enough had dissolved into the dressing), she has serious stomach pain, is VERY gassy and will have frothy mucousy green poops for the next couple days.<br><br>
Yesterday, there was an unfortunate incident with my DD 3.5yo smashing some wheat crackers on the rug in the living room. Even though I promptly cleaned it up, I'm pretty sure that the baby (who's recently started rolling and being very interested in floor time) ingested a crumb. (I think I saw her put something in her mouth, but when I checked I didn't see anything)<br><br>
Last night was the worst night we've had. She was in so much pain she was shaking. Luckily we were able to give her gas drops and some advil and get her to go to sleep. As long as we kept her asleep she was OK. So we took turns walking the floors last night with her in the mei-tei (and DH snoozed while leaning against the wall).<br><br>
Is there anything else we can do? The gas drops (oval) seem to give some relief. Teething tables seem to distract her for a few minutes. We've tried heat packs and they don't seem to do much.

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
I know that bentonite clay helps my DS if he's been accidentally contaminated with something. Not sure how it works with BFing though.<br><br>
We used to use these drops... and I can't for the life of me remember what they're called... but it's ginger, chamomile, and fennel I think... in a dropper. I used to use them for DD2 when she was little. It came in a white and purple box. This is ridiculous. We used them for so long and I can't think of the name. It's going to drive me crazy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts