Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ds will be 5 months old on the 9th. i think he is around 17lbs - maybe alittle more. he has chubby legs and small torso. i've been buying dipes with weight limit up to 20-22 lbs. when i get them they tend to be almost too small.<br><br>
would you keep them or send them back for the larger size? that leaves that "middle period" before they can use the larger size on the smallest setting. but then we spend all this money on something he'll wear only a few times! i guess i can just use all prefolds for awhile or the one size ones i have but i just ordered a bunch of dipes that i stalked for (hehe) and there may not be others in his size!<br><br>
what have you done in this situation?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I stopped using FB for that reason. DS was way to big for the rise of the smalls at one point, but the mediums were huge in the thigh...ARGH.<br><br>
I now use snappied cpfs, mostly. I am having that problem with some covers though. One size is getting to small in the rise, but the next size is huge!<br><br>
The solution......I do not know, sorry!

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I'm not sure if I would return them or not. Keep in mind that babies will slim down (or at least not grow so darned fast) once they start crawling and walking so the dipes that are borderline too small now, my fit nicely later on. It sounds like your baby is almost there to that growth leveling off age. Also if you are using the "large," the "XL" or "toddler" size may be HUGE and way too big.<br><br>
What kind are you using?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts