Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of your daughters teachers (the PE teacher) says that the devil is going to get your daughter. I mean the man actually talked about the devil having a tail. We do not believe in the devil per se, and have never talked about him in this house. I thought he was going a little far when he told my daughter that she would get fat if she ate oil, but this is way beyond far. I really love dd's actual teacher. She co-sleeps, bfds, etc. (we have had little pow wows..she is my age) and is a gentle parent. I asked her about this, but she didn't know anything about it. I really think that it is my responsiblity to do something, I just don't know exactly what to do.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Talk to him - complain to his supervisor and then their supervisor... WTH? how does he think it's ok to talk to a child like that - including the fat thing... How did his version of the devil even come up in conversation?
:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mermommy
How did his version of the devil even come up in conversation?
:
He said that if they were bad that the devil was going to come and get them and poke them with his tail. She is six and very articulate and not a drama queen when it comes to stuff like that. I'm confused...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already told her that the devil is not a real person. I told her that that teacher was telling stories..but at the age of six these people are the ones (other than their parents) that they look up to. Dh needs to talk to her about this. He is the one with the religous background (LDS). I think that if she spouted off scripture to the guy, he might not have diareah of the mouth. :LOL

·
Registered
6,729 Posts

Are you serious? Believe in him or not, that is inappropriate behavior...

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Sounds like my old gym teacher. He was utterly convinced that my friends and I were worshipping the devil because we didn't want to play volleyball and we wore black gym clothes. GMAFB.

·
Registered
9,039 Posts
On that guy is a winner (sarcasm).

He works with young kids. He should know developmentally that some of the kids he is dealing with will cause nightmares. I would complain.

I would also complain about his ignorance about oils. I did this with my ds health teacher. She told them that they had to drink milk/eat dairy to be healthy. He came home in tears. He is allergic to dairy. Then again about fats. I took the fats issue right with the principle. With the dairy incident I got "Well I am just teaching the curriculum." The principle was surprised at the errs in her review of this curriculum and at the teacher's lack of common since.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Is it remotely possible that he was playing with them? Joking/teasing/having fun? I'm only asking because I can totally picture my DH joking with children that age in this way. I can easily imagine that if some kids were being uncooperative and challenging, he would turn into into "play" by making crazy silly outlandish threats to get them laughing. Is this possible?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.