Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You desperately need male companionship (not talking sex) Just want someone to be tehre for you. I'm soooo lonely this is the longest in my life I haven't been in a relationship. It's been 4 miserable lonely months

· Registered
1,390 Posts
Don't you have any girlfriends?

I understand your loneliness, I dealt with it for years, but this might be a good opportunity to get to know yourself, what you like, what your boundaries are etc.

It was ultimately a good thing for me.

· Registered
209 Posts
Wow, 4 long months? It's been over 5 long years for me. And yes, I do know what you mean, you want male companionship and support, but not necessarily sex. I agree with what the other poster said about working on not needing someone so much for that - use this time to get used to living on your own, being by yourself and enjoying it, if you can.

· Registered
440 Posts
4 mos. is not enough time to get w/ another man imho. not sure what your question is either... but yeah, there is always masturbation. or...cuddling up w/ your kids while watching a movie or...just learning to be w/ yourself (i know sometimes its almost unbearable...you long for the companionship...etc.). its been 10 months now for me. before my sons father and i met it was about 2.5 years. i definitely do not rush into anything anymore now that i have kids...

anyway...hugs, mama. we know how it can feel sometimes...but ultimately you will not regret focusing on you rather than dating or getting w/ someone so soon...

ps-i noticed your title says you are happily married...???

· Registered
1,420 Posts
I'm not sure if I know what you're asking, either, but I dealt with being lonely, too. I still am. Seriously it is the best time to do that important self-love (I don't just mean masturbation) and getting to know yourself again, finding out who you are as a single person. the cuddling up with the kids helped me. there were a lot of up and downs, but I think it would have been a huge mistake to try to fill that space with another man. I don't think I was emotionally ready for anyone in my life in any way until it had been over a year. But I wouldn't have thought that at the time.

· Registered
440 Posts
ps- i have recently gotten in touch w/ my ds' father so i shouldn't talk but i just want to see if maybe i can patch it up and move on from this... so i understand your feelings... just don't get w/ some stranger too quick. it takes time to get to know someone (as it will take time for me and my ds' fathers relationship to heal...). which now leads me to that thread about getting back together w/ bio fathers...

· Registered
104 Posts
Its hard not having male compaionship. I have days where it is really hard especially when I hear of someone I know getting engaged or married. I have a good guy friend that I talk to a lot and he helps a lot. You can also join a dating website or search for friends online. Go out with girlfriends, friends and family.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.