8 asparagus spears cut into 1-2" long pieces
1 cup fresh or frozen green peas, thawed
I cup sliced mushrooms
1 small bel pepper, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh chopped oregano or 1 tsp dried
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt (optional)

Roast spaghetti squash at 375 for one hour or until tender. Let cool. Saute veggies in olive oil until tender crisp. Set aside. One squash is cool, cut in half, remove seeds, rake out flesh crosswise using a fork. Toss with veggies and season to your liking.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sprouthead View Post
I will be watching this thread.. Now that I'm giving up gluten, I was wondering if spaghetti squash would be an alright pasta substitute? I still have some leftover sauce in my freezer!
How about rice pasta?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
i use it to make a mexican-esque casserole... layer the pre-baked and shredded spaghetti squash on the bottom, a pre-cooked black bean/tomato/green pepper/red onion mixture in the middle, and top with shredded cheese. then bake for 10-15min until everything warms back up and the cheese gets all melty. i can elaborate if needed, but it's pretty simple. top with sour cream and/or guacamole. it's really yummy!

·
Registered
674 Posts
we are actually having it tonight. i am waiting for it to cook, and then we will top it with stripes of green (pesto) white (mozz and parm) and red sauce.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Usually I mix it with pasta. The other day I mixed 3 cups of squash (Wrung it out in towels to get rid of excess moisture) with a cup or two of shredded mozzerella and made a pizza crust out of it. Very tasty.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
I make an asian coleslaw type salad

cook the squash
cut up peppers, red onion, carrot,cucs, basically whatever veg you want, sesame seeds and almonds
toss it all with a dressing of
-sesame oil
-rice vinegar
-strong green tea
-ginger
-garlic
-wasabi if you like(we LOVE wasabi)

sorry i dont have a "recipe" I just through the ingredients in w/o much care

This is actually the only way my dh will eat spagetti squash, not very wintery but he LOVES it

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sprouthead View Post
I hate it.

What about quinoa pasta?

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
We do a basic pesto with it. Hmm, we haven't made this is awhile. We also do rice on the side, with sauteed mushrooms. Quite tasty.
:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by treefairie View Post
what do you do with spag squash???
I asked my mom that question once and got the response "I'd leave it on the counter until it goes bad and then throw it away. Or just not buy it in the first place."
I forgot that my mom doesn't like it at all. This is not really a helpful post, but your thread made me giggle.

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
I like it roasted. Then I heat up some olive oil in a pan with some chopped garlic and a pinch of crushed red peppers, and toss the "spaghetti" with it for a really simple garlic pasta dish.

Alternately I just top it with red sauce, but that's not nearly as much fun IMO.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andee View Post
I asked my mom that question once and got the response "I'd leave it on the counter until it goes bad and then throw it away. Or just not buy it in the first place."
I forgot that my mom doesn't like it at all. This is not really a helpful post, but your thread made me giggle.

Your mum sounds like a hoot! thats great i almost woke the baby

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.