Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I leave negative feedback b/c I don't want anyone else to get burned

Votes: 26 86.7%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you get burned by someone you bought a diaper from? If you've tried everything else w/no results, do you leave negative feedback, or do you just give up, be nice (i.e. leave no feedback at all) and hope that the seller doesn't burn someone else too?

·
Registered
281 Posts
I put that I don't leave negative feedback, but ya know...it depends on what happened. I bought from a WAHM once (she didn't have a store at the time, but does now) & was entirely unimpressed by the quality & customer service. I had heard so many good things about her that I figured mine was just a fluke, so I didn't leave feedback at all. I'd never buy from her again & if someone mentioned to me that they were thinking of trying her dipes, I'd probably bring up the experience. I just feel bad publicly bashing her for what might have just been a bad time in her life & a misunderstanding. After all, she apologized & gave me a refund (although I had to ask for it b/c I never received some of my stuff). I didn't get the feeling she was trying to cheat me...just that she was possibly very distracted & disorganized.

Now in other circumstances, I would leave negative feedback. If someone was unapologetic or rude...or refused to give me a refund for clearly shoddy merchandise. Or if I felt I was being scammed. I'd feel compelled to let people know about someone like that.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
As long as you have tried to right the problem to no avail....I would leave neg feedback.

However the one time this has happened to me, I did not leave feedback at all.
:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
In my experience, if I were clearly burned without doubt and time has proven this, I feel this is what a feedback forum is for, a warning to others and an acknowledgement to the less honet party involved of their actions.

I however, use carefull judgement making sure that there are NO unusual circumstance in the situation. Life in general has a funny way of simply ripping apart your best laid plans and intentions at the most inconvenient times and occassionally with small children, illness, accidents, unexpected job losses, layoffs, earthquakes etc. you just never know what could be bringing a delay to the situation.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ifluffedthree
In my experience, if I were clearly burned without doubt and time has proven this, I feel this is what a feedback forum is for, a warning to others and an acknowledgement to the less honet party involved of their actions.

I however, use carefull judgement making sure that there are NO unusual circumstance in the situation. Life in general has a funny way of simply ripping apart your best laid plans and intentions at the most inconvenient times and occassionally with small children, illness, accidents, unexpected job losses, layoffs, earthquakes etc. you just never know what could be bringing a delay to the situation.
ITA! But what if the person in question refuses to answer any of your emails, even when you know that this person is around b/c you've found recent posts by her? It's one thing if you're given an explanation for the other person's behavior; it's another if the other person lies to you or refuses to get into contact with you.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Well, jaye_p, in that case please leave negative feedback! ('cause I don't want to get burned too! :LOL ) Really, it is best for the community as a whole to know these things.

I am not a mean person, but I like to know who is reputable

·
Registered
7,168 Posts
I think it depends on what happened. If it's just a matter of something being in GC instead of VGC, then that's not as big a deal as never receiving your fluff, KWIM. If you got your diaper, but she won't respond to you, then it kinda sounds like leaving neutral feedback would be appropriate. But if you never got your diaper, then that's starting to look like fraud.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
It's not helping anyone else avoid this person if honest feedback (positive or negative) isn't posted. It's more important that the negative is posted so that other people don't get into the same situation.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
If they are posting, clearly ignoring you then to me no indication of unusual circumstances apply and I personally would leave appropriate feedback.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Why would anyone NOT leave feedback in that situation? The purpose of feedback is not to pat each other on the back but to establish trust, KWIM?

It sounds like you have done more than enough to try to resolve the situation. I would write her a PM, ask for confirmation, and inform her of your intent.

I'm sorry you got burned. It's such bad karma to burn someone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts