Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am recently pregnant and have an almost 15 mth old DD who is still nursing. This seems completely normal to me. She loves the breast and really isn't that fond of solids. So she nurses. Anyway...people keep asking me how long I *plan* on nursing her and then when I explain that I'm going to strongly encourage her to nurse until she weans herself (past two), they almost always give me a you're crazy look. Thankfully noone has been rude enough to make a comment (well, my husbands Aunt did but I just ignored her). It just bugs the heck out of me that I'm doing what is best for me and my kiddo and people are weirded out by it.

ARGHGHGHGHG....Okay, just had to let that out. I want to tandem, dang it all, and I'm working hard to do that and people are just so darn ignorant!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I just don't discuss it with anyone. I guess I'm lucky; it's not my experience that breastfeeding comes up in casual conversation. Maybe I just scare people.

I wish I had some advice, but all I can think of to say is, refuse to discuss it. You're not going to change anyone's mind, and it's not anyone's business, so I'd just try to shrug it off.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I agree, it has nothing to do with anyone else so I would not let it bug you. Others will have thier opinions and I never understood why those opinions had to be hurled at me when it came to MY children adn My parenting, but I won't let it bother me. You know what is best for your children better than anyone else! i woudl just keep it matter of fact with your response, don't leave it open fro debate. Just tell them you will wean when both you and your child are ready and you are very happy with how things are going right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.