Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooooo I peed on a stick this morning.

I can't tell what it says. Three sets of eyes say that there is something there, but it's faint and didn't show up right away. I left a minute or two after peeing (maybe before the obligatory 2 minutes) and my DH saw something, but I'm not sure if he was in the bathroom before the 10 minute window expired.

I have no date for an expected period. I'm breastfeeding and haven't cycled yet. So I don't know if I'm just testing early or if the test is just cheap (it was) or what. I can't find anywhere on the box where the sensitivity of the test would be stated.

The internet tells me that some tests leave 'evaporation lines' but I've never heard of those before. What are they? How can I see the difference?

I'm guessing you're all going to tell me to wait and retest in a few days, but I just gotta know! Am I preggo?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,858 Posts
I think the conventional wisdom on this is that if the line has color, it's probably the real thing. If it's grayish or doesn't appear to have color, it's an evap. (For example, approximately 33 weeks ago I peed on a stick and got an extremely faint line, but it was clearly extremely faint PINK, and now I'm ginormously pregnant.
)
Hope it's what you want it to be, good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,544 Posts
yup, its all about the color - and usually, DH's don't see evap lines..lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Was it a pink dye test or a blue dye test? After seeing some of the "evaporation lines" (which honestly looked like real lines) on blue dye tests, I will never trust one.

If it was a pink dye test, and the line had some color to it, then a positive is a positive!

ETA: Oh, and I agree with etsdtm99! Husbands don't usually see evaps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,616 Posts
Be weary of the new pink foil FRERs though. Last month I had three seperate lines that DH saw and they were all pink but all showed up after the time limit!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post
Be weary of the new pink foil FRERs though. Last month I had three seperate lines that DH saw and they were all pink but all showed up after the time limit!
Augh! Really? Honestly, there's nothing like a good dollar store test!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oztok5 View Post
Augh! Really? Honestly, there's nothing like a good dollar store test!
I agree....all for the dollar store test.....get a bunch and keep on testing!!

Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks ladies!

It was a blue dye test and I think I see color. If I hold it in my left hand I very clearly see a blue line. Held in my right hand, it looks more like the left side of the opening is blue and the right side is white. The color is light and faded, but definitely (to me) there.

Unfortunately, there's no dollar store here so I'll just have to keep using the expensive tests. I've got one more of these to use in a few days and a friend has one I'll try in a few days as well.

My DD isn't quite 6 months old yet. I'd be thrilled to be pregnant, but I'd be in for a very busy few years!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,388 Posts
Tbh - I have never had an 'evap' line (a line that 99.9% of people would call an evap for all the fitting reasons) - that did not turn into a pretty clear positive.

They say don't test so early because in all honesty, a lot of fertilised eggs just don't stick and/or were not viable in the first place. Very early 'miscarriages' (or missed miscarriages) are extremely common. (which isn't always what you want to hear!)

So imo - theres no such thing as an 'evap' line. You either are or are not pregnant. Just doesn't mean to say it is viable. After a year and half of trying and heartache - I learned to just be patient and wait my more than 2 weeks to test! lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,501 Posts
Since it was a blue line test, do NOT trust it. They have some of the craziest lines that SERIOUSLY look positive while the woman is getting negative blood tests. They hare horrible.

Get a pink line test, despite what has been said, the FRERs are awesome (even the pink foil ones) so go get one of those.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Since it was a blue line test, do NOT trust it. They have some of the craziest lines that SERIOUSLY look positive while the woman is getting negative blood tests. They hare horrible.

Get a pink line test, despite what has been said, the FRERs are awesome (even the pink foil ones) so go get one of those.
Seriously. Get a pink dye test. I have seen some crazy lines on blue dye tests.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
Tbh - I have never had an 'evap' line (a line that 99.9% of people would call an evap for all the fitting reasons) - that did not turn into a pretty clear positive.

They say don't test so early because in all honesty, a lot of fertilised eggs just don't stick and/or were not viable in the first place. Very early 'miscarriages' (or missed miscarriages) are extremely common. (which isn't always what you want to hear!)

So imo - theres no such thing as an 'evap' line. You either are or are not pregnant. Just doesn't mean to say it is viable. After a year and half of trying and heartache - I learned to just be patient and wait my more than 2 weeks to test! lol
This would be so much easier if I had a period to expect! I have NO idea when my period is/was due. DD will be 6 months old in 10 days, I guess I could be 5 months along or 5 weeks along.

It's pretty exciting to hear that most of your evap lines have turned into positive lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Since it was a blue line test, do NOT trust it. They have some of the craziest lines that SERIOUSLY look positive while the woman is getting negative blood tests. They hare horrible.

Get a pink line test, despite what has been said, the FRERs are awesome (even the pink foil ones) so go get one of those.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oztok5 View Post
Seriously. Get a pink dye test. I have seen some crazy lines on blue dye tests.
Part of me is a bit scared to take another test. After thinking I might be pregnant, I would be sad to see a no.

Not too sad though, I do have a baby already!

Thanks for the info guys!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top