Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have type O- blood. DH also has O- blood and I am ABSOLUTELY postive his has been the only sperm inside me for quite awhile :LOL . I had a blighted ovum a few months ago and was told I wouldn't need "the shot" because we could offer proof that dh's blood type is O- (that was before we realized it was a blighted ovum so was irrelevant). Now I am preg. again and the mw said I would still need the first shot because there could be other "things" going on in there but after the baby was born I may not have to have the second shot. I am not sure what these "other things" could be unless she was just trying to say "just in case your dh isn't the father" but in a nice way. Does anyone know if the shot protects from something else? What do you know about "the shot" in general? Am I being stupid for checking into it and not wanting it if I don't really have to have it?

· Registered
1,145 Posts
I agree, if you both have RH- blood then there is no need for Rhogam. Do your research. There're a couple threads here about this. Do an advanced search on Rhogam under just the I'm Pregnant forum, and you will get LOADS of great information.

I just asked about this and even though DH is RH+, we opted out of the 28 week shot. We will have baby's blood typed from the cord at birth and make our RhoGAM choice at that time.

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.