Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to forget the aches and pains, and the constant worry about miscarriage, so I want to try to list all the reasons I love being pregnant!
:

My hair is thicker and growing faster, and my fingernails are also stronger. I loved eating at Thanksgiving without worrying about fitting into my pants the next day- I love elastic waists!!

What is your favorite thing about pregnancy? Come on- help me stay positive!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I really love being pregnant. It has its difficulties (my sacroiliac joint is KILLING me!) but just nothing will ever compare with feeling this life inside of me.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Feeling baby move! I feel like I need to wear a sign that says, "I may look like I'm listening to what you're saying, but if my baby's moving, I'm probably not!"

·
Registered
845 Posts
I love how people treat you like you're special during pregnancy. They smile at you, give you special parking spots, always ask how you're doing, pause to hold open doors to stores when you're still 20 yards away....

(I wish they'd open that many doors for us later on when we're struggling around with an infant carrier.
)

I also love how it makes me crave healthy foods in the second and third trimester.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I also love that feeling of being special and getting particularly nice comments and treatment from total strangers when they see you're pregnant.
I love feeling the baby move and thinking about what's growing inside of me and imagining our new addition and what is coming.
I actually really like the way my body looks and, like heart-n-bones, feel fairly beautiful, in a very earthy way.
I like how connected I feel to the elemental process of life and creation.

There are lots of things I don't like too, of course - insomnia, and aching back, and going up stairs, and swollen feet at the end - but on the whole, I really liked being pregnant last time and so far am enjoying it again this time.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
eating whatever i want - well more so than when not pregnant

not having to worry about being "fat" - that's baby, not fat!

feeling the baby move

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
My Dorito-Libido ("Do it all you want, we'll make more!"
)
Washing and folding newborn clothes and diapers and thinking, "OMG, they're so TINY!"
Feeling those increasingly harder kicks... knowing baby is growing every day.
Shopping. For baby stuff, of course. Getting incredibly good second-hand deals on just what we wanted/needed.
Not having to carry anything (well, except the baby
)
Maternity clothes. They're so cute and trendy nowadays!
1st trimester excitement, 2nd trimester amazement and 3rd trimester anticipation
Making a memory of every milestone, because this is most definitely my last...

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Watching DH go from "holy shit, I didn't think it would happen that fast" to writing lullabies. Hearing him call the baby his daughter for the first time.

Eating like mad and never feeling over-stuffed and the first trimester super metabolism I had. The amazing feeling that everything you eat tastes so f***ing good!

Buying diapers. (like MI_Dawn said, OMG, they're sooo TINY)

Thrift store shopping. Being showered with hand-me-downs.

The kicking (except when she kicks in the butt/back
)

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
The kicking (except when she kicks in the butt/back
)
There's even a bonus to this one... if she's kicking back there, she's facing that way, and not posterior... meaning, no back labor!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I love feeling the baby move.

I love dd's ongoing love affair with the baby--it's her baby, as in "when is my baby going to get here?"

And yes, I do love that there's an end to it--though instead of thinking of it as a temporary state to be endured, I think ahead to holding the baby and integrating her into our lives.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Getting to announce the pregnancy to family and friends.

The kicks, and feeling like I have a little secret inside of me that nobody else is experiencing at this moment.

The way older women peek at my belly in the swimming pool change room and smile.

My new curvy shape (and my husband's love of it!)

The added motivation to eat healthily and to exercise for the baby's benefit.

Getting to be part of a MDC due-date club again!!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
I love that it's temporary.

LOL. sorry i know your reasons for this answer are probably serious, but the bluntness of this post made me giggle. i must admit i dont LOVE pregnancy, but i do love feeling the baby move. i also love that i have an excuse to nap as often as possible.

·
Registered
253 Posts
feeling the baby move and seeing my belly twitch when he/she kicks.
elastic waistbands (soo comfy, omg WHY didn't anyone tell me about them sooner!!!??)
washing baby clothes and getting baby stuff all ready.
not caring about weight gain (especially since I was so sick the first 3-4 months that I gained no weight at all, I am making up for it though
)

·
Registered
195 Posts
  • Feeling the baby move
  • Hubby talking to the baby everday, and his being so proud of the fact that he can kiss her (through my belly) and I can't

• The sideways glances at my belly from complete strangers
  • Overprotectiveness of parents/brother/ILs/aunts (esp sweet when it's my dad or FIL)
--Though I'm still waiting for special treatment by strangers. Just the other day I was at Hobby Lobby (wearing a tight preg-enhancing top) and got to the checkout line at the same time as a 50 year old man. After the customary, "no after yous" he actually went first! What the heck! This is Texas, it was a craft store, and ... I'm pregnant!! grrr

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mayakas View Post

• Overprotectiveness of parents/brother/ILs/aunts (esp sweet when it's my dad or FIL)

• We got our window broken out the other night in the car and I was on the phone with my mom and told her I needed to go put plastic over the window b/c it was going to rain. She said "Make sure dh helps you with that." And I was like, "What, I'm so pregnant I can't UNROLL TAPE?"
    :

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
I like how ds is with the baby, kissing and talking about the baby.
I like being able to rest and be lazy and not feel guilty.
I love the feeling when your eating and it feels like your filling an empty canyon. So satisfying.
I feel quite sexy

on the same note, I like the new sensitivities while dtd. Hubba hubba.
I like the smiles from strangers.
I like how clothes fit me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.