Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....I think in early labor I will eat be eating breakfast food type stuff...cold cereal (one of my favorite things on earth), hot cereal, pancakes, juice, fruit smoothy, etc

After the baby is born I plan on drinking lots of cold orange juice (always tastes sooooooooo good!) and maybe a nice deli sandwich and fresh strawberries.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Last time all I wanted was fruit and fruit juice. Of course there was no early labor. I went from "OH, I'm in labor!" to transition (I throw up when I am in transition) in just a couple of hours. Green grapes is what I ate though.

At the hospital I drank watered down apple juice and cranberry juice right up until he was born. I was sooooo hot and thirsty.

With Lars I wanted toast and then I wanted nothing except water.

·
Registered
11,167 Posts
During labor probably not much. I had no interest in food during my last labor. Just drank water.

Afterwards I remember getting a big glass of cranberry juice with tons of crushed ice and it was heavenly. I always say I will want a glass of champagne (which I love), but the reality is that I will probably be in no mood for any alcohol. Hopefully someone will bake a birthday cake and I can eat that!

·
Registered
650 Posts
whatever I don't have to get up and make~ whatever DH brings me that took time to prepare, I will LOVE
LOL

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I threw up the whole day before my last labor. I don't plan on eating anything this time. Afterwards, who knows. I've had a hard time with keeping things down for the whole pregnancy. Thankfully my tummy goes back to normal right after I give birth. I will probably be so hungry that I will eat anything. I will have to send someone to get me something very yummy.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
uh... whatever i can tolerate and keep down?

probably lots of ginger tea and maybe pancakes w/ a little butter + honey. (the other morning when i started having intense rushes + feeling extremely nauseated, i took a bath and sipped ginger tea, then was able to eat some pancakes that my SO made for me. it was the only thing i could even think about eating.)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Im not the one to get hungry at all during any point in the labor. Thirsty yes but not hungry. Water does it for me.

Afterwards if its morning time I always send DH out to get me belgian waffles with whip cream, strawberries and syrup and some OJ of course. I dont know about it this time though. I dont have anything special in mind.

Michelle edd 7/7

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
MMMmmm... my latest idea is PUDDING.... along with some herbs and stuff in capsules. Maybe a beer or champagne. I've been craving beer this pregnancy (something about the B vitamens?) so maybe I'll indulge myself finally.

If it's a hot day, I want lemonade made with fresh lemons and maple syrup.
during and after labour.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lots of breakfast type foods!!
I also throw up during transition and with my last birth right up until she was crowning! I am okay with throwing up simple carbs (like most breakfast food) but will be stearing very clear of meat!

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
the last time i had the stomach flu i ended up throwing up lucky charms + lemon-lime soda. i still cannot stomach the thought of either of those... that has to be the worst combination of stuff to throw up, ever.

so i'm thinking... basic is better.

when i went into labor w/ my son, i threw up right at the start of it and was extremely nauseous throughout transition... so lately i've actually started avoiding *anything* that i even *might* throw up, if i happen to go into labor... is this weird??

·
Registered
896 Posts
Last pg. I had a steak and baked potato before going to the hospital. It was so yummy. The next day durring labor I had bannana bread, popsicles, juices, ice chips (I love ice), and I think some granola bars and lollipops. I just ate when hungry. I asked for a hamburger at one point which my doula ran and got since she needed some food too, but by the time she came back with it I was throwing up wich took me 2 or 3 centimeters further.
This time I plan on drinking lots of water since I don't plan on having an IV and just eating to desire. Afterwards, pancakes or waffles sounds really good!

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I told my dh to have lots of watermelon on hand when I'm in labor. It just sounds so good! And I'm hoping that the stawberries will still be good when the baby comes - they've been SO sweet and juicy this season.

After she's here, I want French Toast Casserole! And maybe scrambled eggs. And orange juice.

Or maybe a hamburger! And deviled eggs. . . potato salad. . .I'm getting hungry!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Last time all I wanted were popsicles, which of course were not available at the hopsital in December. I am trying to make sure we have plenty in the freezer and can bring them with us in a cooler along with iced tea sweetened with maple syrup.
After, I don't know, but right now I'm off to make some fresh cinnamon raisin scones (no wonder I'm huge :LOL ) .

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
during labor... i want cherries (nice chilly refrigerated ones), "endurance" vitamin water (peach tea flavor) and the multivitamin one that tastes like watered down lemonade, and that electrolyte water from the same company (i hate the way gatorade/recharge tastes)... and whatever other solids i'm craving at the moment... maybe corn (we're just getting in the season in jersey) with lots of vegan butter and salt and pepper... maybe potato salad... luna bars in case i feel like it (chocolate pecan pie)... chocolate covered almonds... maybe some chocolate chip pancakes... mmmm food is so good!

afterwards... chinese food from veggie heaven. I LOVE CHINESE FOOD!!!

i need to go shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by the way what is french toast casserole??? that sounds SO GOOD.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts