Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
42,629 Posts
Eh. I hate electronic toys. With the exception of tape players, we have none. I don't think they're evil or anything, but I certainly do not believe they can do anything that a real live human being with a little love and patience couldn't do better.

· Premium Member
42,629 Posts
Some people may use it as slang, but that doesn't necessarily make it right. Especially in a place like this where we try (I hope) to be sensitive to one another. I would hate for a carelessly tossed remark to cause pain to any of my brothers or sisters who have been affected by true Nazi-ism. It may be mainstream in the mainstream, but this ain't the mainstream.

ETA- And you will find other discussions about how offensive this loose use of the word Nazi is, including insights from our Jewish sisters, all over MDC.

· Premium Member
42,629 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Baudelaire
I do hope someone tells Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David-- the perpetrators of the term "soup nazi". I had no idea either one was a shaygets.
Sigh.

· Premium Member
42,629 Posts

Toy tyrant works for me.

And can I say that the car would be the absolute last place I would want one of those battery operated thingies? I would probably drive into a tree just to make it stop.

That was hyperbole. I would never actually drive into a tree.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.