Mothering Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are stuck on the name Cedar for our baby boy. Unfortunately, nobody else likes it! Is it girly or hippie? Be honest!

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Oh, I LOVE it!
I think it sounds like a boy name. Can't tell you if it's too 'hippie' because I am kind of 'hippie'! I don't think it's really 'out there' or anything, though.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
That's my nephew's middle name! I wouldn't pick it myself, but i think it's a pleasant, nice sounding name. I feel like we would inevitably shorten it to something like Seedy in our house though

I would say it is a hippie name but sort of like River in it's broad appeal and most definitely a boy's name.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by treetop View Post
My husband and I are stuck on the name Cedar for our baby boy. Unfortunately, nobody else likes it! Is it girly or hippie? Be honest!
My first thought was that Cedar and Serena sound really cute together. That being said, It does sound earthy/hippy, but that is not a bad thing (unless you dont like hippy things-lol) i like it. Unique, cute, def. not girly
And please do not give a rats a$$ what other people think of your baby name!

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I think it's beautiful, but it's definitely hippie-ish. And the only Cedars I know in real life (2) are both girls, but I actually think it's a masculine name.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I think it's cute. And I'd say it's pretty gender-neutral... boy or girl. I think if you and your husband love it, go for it. People can have their own babies if they want a chance to name one...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the comments ladies! I really like it! I know that I shouldn't care what other people think. I just wanted to make sure that we are not the only ones on the planet that like it. If anybody says anything, I will reply by saying "Well,all my friends on MDC like it!!!"

·
Registered
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by treetop View Post
If anybody says anything, I will reply by saying "Well,all my friends on MDC like it!!!"

That is right! We are the only ones whose opinions really matter!

·
Registered
860 Posts
i love it! i know a little boy named cedar, but no girls. it is kinda hippy, if you want to call it that~ certainy not mainsteam, but not too out there. i say go for it!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
For sure, everyone who meets your child will think he was named by hippies. I think it is a nice name, though I doubt I would use it. My taste where names are concerned may be more conservative than yours, however!

·
Registered
281 Posts
I like the name, definitely, and it is a great boy's name. I like unusual names, or at least names that are common things that are not necessarily traditional names.

It does sound unusual, but I don't think that it is TOO hippie.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.