Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a doctor's appt today and when they measured me.....she said I was between 33-34. I'm 31 weeks today and for the last three appts, I have been between 33-34. Shouldn't I be getting bigger at each appt?

· Registered
1,539 Posts
Have you asked what the baby's position is? The baby has likely not settled in and is making you measure bigger. As long as this is the case you may not see the growth in fundal height measurement. I measured at 35 weeks at my 32 week appointment and then again at my appointment in Tuesday when I was 34.5 weeks. I know the baby has grown because I can feel that she is larger. Does the baby feel bigger inside to you? I don't think it is anything to worry about.

· Registered
2,254 Posts
Did you ask your doctor?

I have been measuring right on this pregnancy, same number of centimeters as weeks, but last pregnancy it jumped around more, lower and higher. I agree that it could be positional.

Your health care provider should be able to tell if the baby is growing by palpating too. My dr said that he stops measuring fundal height around 32 weeks and just goes by feel from then on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.