Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a Stacinator wool cover that I sold because it was very bulky under clothing. This was before the new stretch covers came out, though.

If you have one of these, what are they like in comparison to the regular Stacinator wool covers? Trimmer? Softer? How well do they work?

Thanks.

· Registered
1,829 Posts
Aside from a minor sizing issue (which may simply be because the cover I bought was from a mislabeled batch) I LOVE these covers.

DD wears the one we have overnight with no leaks and it fits super trim almost like undies over a nice trim diaper. Supposedly (according to the label) it's a small ...however dd is close to 30lbs and almost 3 (I bought it for the new babe and tried it on dd on a whim cause it looked so big) ... according to Linda a batch of them were mislabeled so it is probably a medium. But seriously I LOVE the fit and it works very well (I just need to find out what size it REALLY is).

· Registered
293 Posts
I have one. I ordered a large and it is huge on my son! (He's a chunky 22 lb infant). According to the sizing guidelines, large should have fit but he's swimming in that cover

I was able to felt it some while KoolAid dyeing it. It fits better now
. Other than the sizing, I really like the cover. The wool is soft (kind of similar to a a t-shirt) and stretchy. It is trim, works very well for daytime for my heavy wetter, and fits nicely under most of his clothes. I think as he grows it will be even trimmer.

· Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Okay, so what size do you suggest I order for my toddler? He is 2 1/2 years old...about 28 lbs. now....and maybe 33 inches or so. He has a medium build- not skinny but not chunky either.

What size do you think I should order?

· Registered
6,316 Posts
Well, my little V is 26 lbs right now, and our large fits him well, although he still has some room in it, to grow
we don't use this cover very much because we switched to an all-pocket stash, but I bought one because I love wool and use it ocassionally. I recommend it, it's very trim, fast to dry and very stretchy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.