Mothering Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
6,329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyPrincess View Post
Kaitrah?

How did you pronounce it when you read it?
I think it can sound too "robotic" or "futuristic".
Kate-Rah

Looks either made-up or mis-spelled.

· Registered
493 Posts
what about katarina (pronounced like cat-a-rayna or cat-a-reena)--not sure of the spelling. like katrina, but more russian sounding? you could totally call her katie for short. we had a finnish exchange student last summer and her name was that (although with lots of r-rolling and sounds we don't use in american english).

· Registered
6,552 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiao View Post
How about Kateri? This name is of Native American origen. Kateri Tekakwitha was of Mohawk/Algonquin heritage; she is the patroness of the environment/ecology (Catholic church).
I know 2 people with this name! I like it!

· Registered
1,635 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyPrincess View Post
Girl.

Yeah, I thought I did make it up. But, it is a country! LOL

I don't really like it so much. But I've always wanted to call a little girl Katey. I just need a full name! I don't like Kathleen, Katherine was taken by my sister for her dd's middle name, the hurricane ruined Katrina for me and Katelyn is really popular. Although, that's the one we'll fall back on. I was just hoping for a more unique name.

Any suggestions?
What's wrong with naming your daughter Katey? My name is Angie...not Angela, Angelina, Angelica or any other name people try to call me thinking it's my full name.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.