Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try it yet? Did you and your dc like it or dislike it? Is it worth the $$$$?<br><br><a href="http://www.babybungalow.com/svanscooter.html" target="_blank">www.babybungalow.com/svanscooter.html</a>

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I've never seen it, but I wonder how stable it is for a toddler with only one front wheel.<br><br>
Also their advertising about the shape allowing for imagination seems like nothing but advertising. I remember as a schoolage child that my bike was a horse--and it looked like a bike.<br><br>
I also wouldn't spend that kind of money on a scooter. If you want to spend lots of money, buy a Learning Tower and a cheaper scooter. My son uses his learning tower multiple times a day. He uses his radio flyer wooden scooter also, but I only paid $10 for it at a thrift store.<br><br>
Or maybe get a cheaper scooter and a radio flyer walker wagon. The 2 combined would be the same price as this scooter.<br><br>
I don't mean to sound negative. I'm willing to see it in action and am willing to be convinced it's great. It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
my mom bought my son a svan scooter when he turned one. he wasn't really ready it for it then, but about 6 months later, he fell in love. and still, at 2.5, he uses it often. we live in a flat with hardwood floors and he can ride it throughout the house. the maneuverability on it is amazing!<br><br>
i love that it's so small. it doesn't take up much space in his room, can travel with us to the park or even on roadtrips. i highly recommend it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts