Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:

A quick background. I am going to be babysitting my friend's 6 week old in a couple months. (she due Feb. 2nd ish) She is going to use cloth for the baby while at my house!
Awesome huh!

I'll be watching the baby approx. 10 hours a day 5 days a week. I'm putting suggested orders together for her-per her request. I was thinking:

6 GMAR prefitteds Infant Size --How long to infant CPF's really fit? The doc. estimates her babes weght about 7 pounds. We used the same doc. & he was off by .03 pounds. Is 6 enough or should I suggest 12?
6 Wonderoos--I love them, easy for going out especially since I'll have my little guy & her girl, & nice for quick changes.
12 Infant or Regular Prefolds--6 for stuffing & 6 for dipes. Which size should I suggest?

How many covers do you think? Maybe 2 wool & 2 pul? Is that too many?

This is exciting to shop for little dipes!!

Oh & who has the best deal on: the Prefolds, Wool & Pul Covers? I checked out www.diaperco.com & I might suggest them along w/the growmearainbow.com.

I really appreciate any feeback!

· Registered
5,543 Posts
Hey--I don't have any experience with any of those except the Wonderoos, so that's all I'll comment on. I believe the weight range on those begins around 8 pounds, but I've heard a lot of people saying they didn't fit newborns very well. My own experience with my skinny-thighed guy is that they didn't fit him in the thighs until he was 9 months old and pulling up on things--that's when his thighs finally began to bulk up a little. He was like 15 pounds by then! I nearly always got leaks out the thighs of the Wonderoos until he was big enough that they were snug around his thighs.

I was very happy with kissaluvs when DS was newborn, up until about 4 months old...but they do cost a bit more than prefolds. But if it's only a couple hours a day, maybe you don't need very many.

· Registered
2,000 Posts
Your list sounds pretty good. Are you going to be washing them? You might want more covers. By 6 weeks the baby will hopefully be wetting less than a newborn - probably needing about 12 diapers a day (vs. the 30+ that my newborn used.) We used Wonderoos very successfully at 6 weeks. I still love them at 7 months. My dd was 7lbs. 9oz. at birth and almost 13lbs at 2 months. I guess the thing is that you won't know what works until the baby is here and you can see how she's built. I think you have chosen very good things that will fit many different body shapes. I think you should go with infant sized prefolds to start with - they fit into the Wonderoos perfectly but you might find you won't be able to snappi them for very long - look into pinning them or folding them into a cover like a Bummis. My dd stopped fitting into a snappi'd infant prefold right around 2.5 months.

· Registered
862 Posts
I startes using wonderoos when ds was about 12 pounds. I still use infant prefolds with them. (He is one now) they work just fine. I would ask for 12 infant prefolds and 12 regular. I am not sure what size for Gmar. You could just use the infant prefolds and covers untill the babe fits into wonderoos.

· Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Monique & Maggie!

Yup, I'll be washing them. Hmmm, I wonder if I should have her get 12 Regular size prefolds instead of infant? & GMAR only comes in size infant or premium. My guy wears premiums & they have a lot of room to grow.

How many covers should I suggest?

TIA!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.