Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Either Johnson's plain Baby Wash or the Johnson's Nightime Bath (I think that's the name) as it's got lavender and chamomile in it and is supposed to help them get ready for sleep. Any wash cloth that's baby sized and clean works for me.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
We use California Baby wash for her body and hair. Its very mild and gentle. No fragrance, etc. I have a bunch of Kissaluvs wipes (diaper wipes) that i have been using to clean Ds since he was out of diapers and I love them. They are one layer of terry, but soft and small enough to fit in my hand. So I mostly use them for both kids now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
DON'T use Johnson and Johnson OR basically ANYTHING that you can buy at grovery stores, CVS or Targets!!
J&J for instance is basically embalming fluid!! NOT KIDDING! They have so much CRAP in them that they are REALLY bad for you!!
ANd if something says that it is tear free...most likely it has chemicals in it to make it tear free, which are BAD!

I use either California Baby OR anything that is at Whole Foods...Yeah I spende 4.99 on baby wash....but isn't it worth it????

I have a list of health and beauty products and it rates them from Hazardous to Safe...I will dig it out and post it here!!!

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I just use a pure glyceryn soap bar, and avoid her eyes.
I generally use just regular old wash cloths like the rest of the family, with a couple of those thin little baby washcloths for the nooks and crannies

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I use stuff from Daisy Blue Naturals, it's a home show tryp of company, but their products don't contain all the harsh chemicals. Right now I use their Calendula -n- Honey bar. It's super gentle, and doesn't have alot of fragrance in it. For shampoo I use Children's Herbal Garden Pansy shampoo, it is tear free though. But I get it in our health food section.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
right now i use grins and giggles.......because we have it, in 9mths we have only used 1/4 of the bottle.

for washcloths, we use the same ones i use for his diaper changes......they are clean. I use cut up towels, baby washcloths, cut up old sheets. I was his face with a special set of tiny little washcloths we were given, that have never been used for diaper changes.
wanted to add, we only use the soap on his hair.......otherwise we just wash him with water.

·
Registered
961 Posts
DS is only a couple weeks old, and I've only used water. Even on my 15mo, most of her baths are just plain water unless she's really stinky. I can't afford the all-natural stuff, and ITA about all the nasty chemicals in the "regular" brands, so I'll stick with plain water on my babies.

·
Registered
838 Posts
We use California Baby and just our hands. Wee one has very sensitive skin; any cloth seems to aggrivate it.

·
Premium Member
17,022 Posts
Usually just water, but mil bought us some nice Burt's Bees baby soap, so we're using that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
We don't use wash with every bath because she doesn't always seem to need it but when we do we use the Arbonne baby care wash which is all natural and WAY expensive. We got it as a baby shower gift and love it. For wash cloths we just use whatever is fairly soft and clean although our favorites are some handknit ones out of a chenille that we got as a baby gift.

·
Registered
45 Posts
we use dove soap - it is very gentle and the only thing i've tried that doesn't flare up ds eczema. J & J was the worst for his eczema. as for clothes and dipes we use all free and clear.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Water with a few drops of lavender oil. Her last bath, I put a cup of milk in the water with the lavender oil and it made her skin really soft.

·
Registered
11,072 Posts
I strongly agree about all the chemicals in "conventional" products. VERY bad.

We are using burts baby bees soap now. At first I just used plain water. (With some of our mineral solution added.) I use their lotion and diaper rash ointment too.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Mostly just water, but when her neck or bum are really stinky we use a drop of Dr Bronner's baby soap. At the rate we use it, the bottle is going to last until she's in kindergarten! I prefer the thin little cotton baby washcloths; they seem gentler than my washcloths, especially when they are stiff from drying in the sun!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts