Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having this issue with my son, he leaks out of EVERYTHING, so I switches his whole hyena stash to Fbs and Im still able to do the hyena stuff with my daughter. Well lately hes been fine with the FBs, but now at night Im having to change him as hes soaked. We use the microterry inserts? I dont like them too bulky on him or he'll take it off. What do you use?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
I use a hemp insert and 2 microterry inserts. try using an insert made from hemp for more absorption. it is still pretty trim.

·
Registered
249 Posts
2 cotton babies micro inserts have never failed us. I have also tried one cotton babies and one JB together with luck. I didnt like the stiffness though so I stick to the micro.<br>
HTH

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
Prefolds. Infant during the day. Premiums at night or out and about.

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
i use inserts michray made me. 2 layers of microfiber and 3 (i believe) layers of hemp fleece. mostly they have worked great for me

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
My favorite are infant pfs.. Not the trimmest but fills the entire pocket and we never have leaks! IF I use micro I use one micro and one JB and thats a no leak solution for night too

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
During the day I use an insert -- any old kind; I got a mixed bunch from EBay and more from a friend as hand-me-downs, and they all work fine. At night, I fold an infant cotton prefold in thirds. It's bulkier, but it works great. Q still pees 3-5 times a night, and she's never leaked when I stuff a FB with a prefold like that.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Lately I've been using 2 cotton babies micro inserts, which I love, but sometimes I fold 1 hemp babies insert around 1 CB insert and call it a night. DD stays dry all night long!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I used microfiber for a while but ds started saturating them in no time as he got older. Now we use pfs and they really last a while.

·
Registered
316 Posts
we used prefolds or hemp inserts. i got to where i never put them in the pockets...too much work on laundry day...i would just lay the prefold or insert on top and use the pocket dipe as a cover. that worked well for us. usually at night though, ds was wearing a bummis wrap with a hemp bifold, never a leak with those.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
We use cottonbabies and joeybunz. My daughter is a heavy wetter so I have to put the cottonbabies on top of the hemp because the hemp doesn't absorb quickly enough and she'll leak. But, the hemp under the microfibre is a good combo for us. My friend, though, swears by hemp prefolds as the only reliable pocket stuffer for a heavy wetter.

·
Registered
778 Posts
We use either a MOE or Cotton Babies during the day and the same at night along with a Joey Bunz....my ds is not a heavy wetter though.<br><br>
You might want to check out the new Twinsert at Soft Cloth Bunz....it is a microfiber insert and it folds into 2...like having 2 MOE's or 2 Cotton Babies together, but for the price of 1.

·
Banned
155 Posts
We use Swaddlebee during the day, with a micro terry towel in thirds over the hemp insert. That works for naps too, but we're still figuring out the night diapers. I ordered a few XL FB and some large hemp terry inserts from JamTots last night, so maybe those will work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts