Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello experts!

I'm poised on the brink of ordering a 'crat, and wondering what you all use under them? I'd like some options for nighttime and for a possible daytime use (although the bulk might scare me off)
: .

I've just ordered a Liz's Cloth hemp size 2, maybe that would be a good option?

TIA!
Rhonda

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Go for it! You will never regret a crat! You can dye it any color you like too, mine is hot pink.

For night use under the 'crat I use 3 things: Nighty Newts, FCB Night Light, or a Puddlecatcher all fleece. I could also use a KHW if I needed to.

I also like to use it during the day without pants over them, they look like little shorts.

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
We've never used them during the day because we desperately NEED to use them at night, and during the day they hang to dry.

We use Firefly Sleeptights underneath, with great success!

Lex

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I second the Nighty Newts under the 'crat, that's what we use as well.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
We use 9 layers of hemp - 6 in the diaper, 3 in the soaker. I think a firefly sleeptight is 9 layers plus the 3 layer doubler. It just depends on what your little one is like at night. We use less with wool because it breathes and lets some of the wetness evaporate. I can use the same 9 layers with PUL and in the morning, ds and the bed are soaked. So yes, the aristocrat is bulky, but if you take into consideration that you can use less underneath, it's not so bad. We only use ours at night too.

We've also used hand-knit soakers at night that are only one layer and knitted more loosely - they work just as well, though they cost twice as much. They are trim enough, though, to be used in the daytime under clothes. In fact, they're the trimmest cover we have and they make our "town diapers" last longer since they breathe.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Crats rock! We love ours...great for nighttime diapering! We use a FCB Nightlight or sometimes an AIO underneath. My dd is a very heavy wetter.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
We use SOS & sometimes El Bees under ours. I used to use an SOS with an extra doubler for night but Maxi hardly wets at night now so we just use an SOS and a fleece liner.

I dont like SPs under the crat because of the fold down -- it doesnt allow the soaker to lay right. And I dont like folding that flap in.

Oh and we only use the crat at night.

Pretty much any fitted will work great. Some like CPF with a snappi or pinned but we dont do CPFs.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
well, we have 2 'crats (that i got for $2 each recently at a garage sale, and they were never worn
but I think I already mentioned that before :LOL

and I put a very trim size 1 sugarpeas hemp or sugarplumbaby fitted, with an extra hemp doubler for night time. most of the time I just use a prefold, though..during the day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts