Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have lost my way both with AP and with my toddler. As an infant, it seemed quite easy and natural to me. Respond when he cries, feed him when he wants, love him lots. As a toddler, his needs are much more varied, and, of course, I can't always give him what he wants. (Otherwise, all he would eat is bear cookies!
)

I also feel that I do not have very much patience for my toddler. As toddlers go, he is fairly 'easy' - not many tantrums, shares well, takes turn with other children, etc. But I find this stage hard, mainly because I feel that I as an individual do not 'exist' anymore. (I guess that is a whole separate thread!) But I don't find parenting a toddler comes as natural to me as parenting an infant. And I don't know what I 'should' be doing, especially in an AP way. Does any of this make sense? I don't know how to put across what I am trying to say.

Essentially, what does AP parenting of a toddler look like?

· Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Your replies have really got me thinking and looking at my parenting. I have always tried to AP parent (no hitting, respecting him and his choices when I can, etc.) but I just got overwhelmed with parenting a 2 year old!

And springmamam - don't worry about 'ranting in my thread'
! I love to hear what other mamas experiences are. Hugs to you as well.

Lise

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.